Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, January 01, 2010

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS?

do you recognize this

6 comments:

  1. It looks like remnants of a breakwall? Happy New Year to you and Dan! Looks like you guys have been busy and seeing some amazing things. I am so jealous of your views and sunshine. Are you missing the cold, gray days of winter in Michigan? It's supposed to get pretty cold here this weekend, like you care! LOL!
    Hope you get your truck figured out. I really like my Duramax, but you knew that already.....
    Take care! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DVM's Wife..Nope, but that's a good guess. Here is another clue; the names of all the former "keepers" have been etched into these stones. Another photo tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary / Battle Creek2:27 PM

    Is it the foundation of an "extinct" lighthouse? A very "Happy New Year" to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary, Happy New Year to you too!!! And you are pretty close with your guess! I hope to post a couple more photos tomorrow...if we don't freeze up! It is expected to be 20 degrees tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the walkway to a lighthouse that isn't there any longer? Or a dock foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it a Lighthouse Keepers Memorial. p.s.got the Wisconsin to start.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive