Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS

Well, maybe not DEEP in the heart of Texas, but getting closer!!!

We're about 40 miles yet from Ennis, Texas. We stayed for two nights at the Canton I-20 RV park to get caught up on laundry and groceries...and to finally de-winterize our 5th wheel!!!! IT IS 60 DEGREES TODAY!!!!

Anyway, this will be short just to touch base and let ya know we're still doing OK. The wifi connection at this park is very iffy and I've lost connection 4 times trying to get this far.

Please, just a reminder, since I don't have access to internet or email that frequently now please refrain from sending me ANY LARGE EMAILS UNTIL WE GET HOME. PLEASE keep them no larger than 600 kb. I'm still getting MB size emails and I don't even take the time to read them or look at them once they have downloaded.

I hope to have better connection soon!!! Right now, this is already telling me I've lost connection so who knows if this will even post!

And yes, Cindy Heffley, there is still mistletoe!!! I haven't checked out the other variety you mentioned yet but will eventually!

4 comments:

  1. Happy travels! What an adventure you two are on! I am jealous of being Texas. Glad you are having some warmer weather, finally hey?
    Can't wait to hear where that Dodge takes you next

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godspeed on your journey and enjoy the 60 degrees. We feel like we're basking in the tropics because we got to 38 degrees today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for 60 degrees! My daughter in Florida said it was back up in the 70's there too. Whew..it seems the southern chill is over!
    We actually got up in the 40's here today!
    Glad your trip is going well...can't wait to hear about Texas. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I'm jealous...we don't get to TX until late Oct.-Nov. this year...it's still nice weather at least at that time and hubby gets a little hunting in...I shoot with the camera...
    Have a great time
    Blessings Be Yours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive