Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, December 04, 2009

PELICANS PREPARING FOR LUNCH

Pelicans racing for position

WHO WILL GET THERE FIRST??


Pelicans racing for position

MAKE WAY!!! I'M COMING THROUGH!!



a fish in my mouth


IT'S NOT POLITE TO TALK WITH FOOD IN YOUR 'MOUTH'


fishing is over

TIME TO FLY!!! GOTTA BURN OFF ALL THOSE CALORIES!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome birds! I have never saw these before in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really interesting birds and more so for us MI people.
    Hope you and Dan are well and keeping warm over down there. It is finally freezing up around here with hints of snow.
    Are you missing the snow? Does it feel like the holidays there without that white stuff?
    Take care of yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny...we just got in from taking a walk on the beach where I was taking photos of the pelicans dive bombing into the ocean and picking up fish!
    I won't be posting them until we get back, though. But I LOVE those birds!!!!
    It is rainy and cold today in Florida but by Monday it is supposed to be back up in the 70's and in the 80's by Wednesday...finally! ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, they sure are funny looking but they dive into the water like they wear hard hats!!

    Amy, we heard GR got 15" of white gold! I bet they were surprised!! And U.S. 2 had some slippery white stuff too. I don't miss it yet but I think Dan does!

    Retired One...you made it safely!!! We'll all be anxious to see your photos! I just wish my speed was faster so I could get to your shots quicker!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive