Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

PEA ISLAND REFUGE OFFICE AND "SHORELINE"


The photo that I HOPE to post is an aerial view of the Pea Island office area…or what is left of it. It was taken by USFWS. Try to imagine this area with a huge sand dune on each side....

I have other photos that I took today but the phone line has been very iffy today. At times the connection speed is only 12 KBPS and other times it has a burst of up to 19. Normally it had been running about 42. At one point, I couldn’t even get a dial tone so I tried the phone in the cabin. The static on the phone line was horrible so I hung up. I resorted to even taking my commercial surge protector and the whole nine yards from the 5th wheel to the cabin to try to connect but there was too much noise on the line.

Anyway, hopefully the phone issue will be resolved soon. The line that we use from the cabin to the 5th wheel is a line that another camper had installed and used in their RV. Since there isn’t a computer available in the cabin to use, this makes it so much easier to be able to stay in the 5th wheel and conduct business (yep, even though we’re gone, we still have business emails to tend to). Before I got the laptop I purchased a very good surge protector which is also a phone line “protector” so I don’t hook up anyplace without it. This way I can pretty much leave everything connected in the 5th wheel and not have to haul it from point A to point B. All I have to do is dial up!

Hope to have more to share in a couple of days!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you know how to do all that stuff with your computer..I wouldn't have a clue! ha
    That is some aerial shot. Wow the building is ready to be in the ocean now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive