Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

NUTTIN' MUCH

ONE MORE VISITOR AND I'LL HAVE HAD 200,000 VISITORS TO MY BLOG!!! I WONDER WHO IT WILL BE??



I need to be more careful when I am online. I need to check and RE-check!!

One of my favorite blogs is the RETIRED ONE. She always has wonderful posts and beautiful photos...and a good sense of humor, which is good for me!!

Yesterday's post on her blog about how "to do" pumpkins prompted a comment from me. Without going into the whole text, it was supposed to call her the HAPPY COOKER OF DA U.P. Apparently, I was remembering all to well the book from which that title came from...THE HAPPY HOOKER!! I actually called her the Happy HOOKER of da U.P!! She good naturedly posted on MY blog about it, so let's get it straight...as far as I know she is the Happy COOKER!!

I have missed 3 good photo opportunities this a.m. I have to start wearing my camera 24/7. THIS morning, I was waiting for Dan to get up so I was still in my nightgown and robe. I heard this commotion and knew it was a flock (gaggle??) of swans flying overhead. By the time I got the camera and got to the door, it was too late. This happened to me two more times between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. By the time I got around, set my chair up outside and plopped down for the next group...they never arrived. I waited about 35 minutes. NOW, here I am typing this, and I can hear them coming in and KNOW I'd never make it in time.

Last night, about 10 p.m. we heard swans talking to each other very loudly. We looked out the bedroom window and there was just enough moon glow to see these swans flying across the sky. We'd never seen anything like that except on greeting cards!

Today (did I already tell you this??), we hope to go to Nags Head to the ocean and spend sometime walking along the shore, looking for washed up treasures and maybe some shells. We also hope to go to Manteo to get some late in the day photos of the Roanoke Lighthouse. It is actually starting out to be a beautiful day!!

Enjoy what is left of the weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Cathy...No problem on the Happy Hooker thing...I was LMAO and you made me chuckle all day about it. Now I can tease you for YEARS (which you KNOW I'm gonna do!).
    Wow, those swan experiences sound awesome. I would have to live in a tent out there to capture all those fantastic photo opps. It must have been so awesome to see them in the moonlight. Oh well, you had an "intimate" experience not marred by having to capture it on camera...you could just sit there and experience the wonder by yourself with no camera in the way. Sometimes that is even better.
    Keep enjoying the nature there that I know you hoped for before you left...I am so happy for you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, I'm catching up on my blog reading from the holidays. You've been busy! the "hooker" comment cracked me up and the grill full of birds looks delicious!

    Congrats on 200,000 visitors. That's HUGE!!!!!

    Hope your week is a good one.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spelling IS important! I keep trying to tell editors to proofread better. Sometimes the results are hilarious.

    Sandy and I usually have our cameras with us all the time when we're out, but we've had the same experience at home ... see a scene or see one setting up, run for the camera and we're too late. On the other hand, there's a real thrill when you DO catch one of those fleeting moments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive