Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, November 13, 2009

MY FAVORITE THINGS

We’ve been asked if we miss the U.P. and our home. We miss our friends and know we will be back to the U.P. so I guess the answer, for now, is no. We’re not homesick.

We WILL miss spending Thanksgiving with my daughter and her significant other (is that term politically correct anymore??). By now, we would already be making plans for their arrival for the weekend of T’giving and the turkey would be in the freezer. I may have even made a couple of pies and had them in the freezer, so Thanksgiving will be a difficult time for us this year. And I think it will be hard for my daughter too.

However, there are a few things we miss about our home.

We miss our couch. It is a comfortable couch and fits our butts and backs just right. The chairs and the couch in our 5th wheel are nice, but only for short periods of time. Both of us look like a couple of old fools trying to get out of our chair or off the couch. OUR TAIL BONES TAKE ON A LIFE OF THEIR OWN DUE TO THIS FURNITURE….AND IT IS NOT A GOOD LIFE.

We miss our bed. The bed in our 5th wheel IS a queen size bed, but it is 3” shorter than a normal bed. RV beds normally are shorter due to space constraints. Our bed at home is a Select Comfort…this one is not….although if Dan and I continue to live in our 5th wheel 5-6 months out of the year, it WILL be a Select Comfort (they do make them for RV’s). And I miss how easy it is to make our bed at home…I’ve already written to you about how it is to put this bed back together.

We enjoy what we are doing here, which so far hasn’t been too much due to the nasty hurricane weather this week. We have met so many nice people and have learned SO much (and have a lot more to learn!!). One feels like a sponge trying to absorb all the info that everyone is so eager to share with you…and then trying to remember it.

On a different note…the past 3 or 4 days, I have received HUGE emails from various people. By huge I mean in the MB size. Since I am on dial up and I do try to limit my time tying up the phone line here, I’m asking that you don’t send me any emails larger than let’s say 600KB. I felt guilty because the past 3 days Windows has been trying to update and even THAT was taking too long. I got up early this morning so Windows could hopefully get done updating so I wouldn’t be tying up the phone line during business hours.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the couch and bed. My back is very sensitive even we go to hotels...must be partly due to my fibromyalagia, too.
    Hope you get to go out and do more soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice to be able to re-outfit the 5th wheel with better furniture or maybe we'll have to get a couple of those donut rings to sit on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure got it right about those steps down to the Falls ... and back up! I came to the same conclusion when Sandy took me there a couple years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive