Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, October 04, 2009

NUTTIN' MUCH

Just a few things on my mind today (other than the growing list of things to get done before we leave in 15 days!!)….

First of all, if you aren’t a Retired One blog reader, I do hope you’ll check her out!!! You can find her link in my small list of blogs that I follow. As you recall from a post of a couple of days ago, she and her hubby visited us and “toured” the area. She has posted some info and photos about their visit (thanks for the free advertising and all the generous comments, oh Retired one!!). We have to give her hubby credit for taking the photo of Joan and me(OR IS IT "I"??) together and we both were of the same mind set “ONLY TAKE THAT PHOTO FROM THE WAIST UP!!” But even as steady and as good as he was as the photographer, the photo doesn’t do either one of us justice! BIG SMILE HERE.

2ND, THANKS for all the emails I’ve been getting wishing us well for our winter adventure. But I believe I have a ‘blog stalker’ AND I think he has been trying very hard for me to mention him on my blog and share the phone conversations that we have had. I don’t know if this person who calls (maybe two or 3 months apart) might think that I don’t recognize his voice or if he doesn’t think that I don’t remember the basic same questions and scenario that he has asked in previous phone calls (all about camping and that is all I’m going to say concerning the context of the conversation). I continue to be polite as I can and try to answer his questions, but enough is enough, OK?? AND NOW YOU'VE BEEN MENTIONED.

3rd; we DO have a retired LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) who will be taking care of our property while we are gone. We also have several neighbors keeping an eye out as well as two other very dependable people who will be checking in with the LEO to let us know how things are “at home”. So, yes, the property is taken care of.

4th; does anyone use Quicken 2009? I have finally joined the force of people who use flash drives to back up to (even though I've read online you shouldn't use this as a back up system...didn't explain why though). I’ve got it figured out how to back up to my flash stick and I know how to verify the data is there after I do back it up, but I can’t figure out how to take that info and get it on my OTHER computer on Quicken. I tried the restore and I know it is something simple that I am doing wrong. The info I got from Quicken as to how to do it is NOT how the computer guy from National Office showed me how to do it; his way was easy. I may have to call him, but if any of you have the answer, that would be great!

If the weather ever cooperates, Dan and I have a list a mile long of things we have to get done; normal things we do each fall. We have to set all the picnic tables up, take down the flag and properly dispose of it because it is kind of tattered, take down all the playground equipment, blow the campground water lines out (usually done around the 10th, depending on the night time temps), we have to treat the sewage line (which is at least 500' long) with a dry chemical that eats out tree roots, and other “things” left behind, I need to get my two huge houseplants to my neighbor gal who is going to babysit them…it seems the list grows by the day…and the weather is NOT cooperating!! AND we still have wood to split! We did that for a while yesterday and it started raining so we only got one loader bucket filled and then stacked in the wood bin.

So, If I don’t have anything important to jabber about for a while, you will understand!!

4 comments:

  1. Some people need a life (i.e. the stalker caller). Needs to grow up, no doubt...

    I know this weather is NOT cooperating with you. I will try and have a talk with Mother Nature for ya' as I plan to lecture her too..we went out yesterday to try and re-capture the swans where I have found them TWICE so far this year on a pond in the woods. We found them AGAIN!(I was so excited!!) but it rained off and on all day which made picture taking difficult and we both got our feet and jackets soaked. The leaves would look so much prettier if the sun could just come out more, dang it. The leaves will be down before we know it. I told Hubby to be "on call" for when the sun shows to hop in the car with me. You know him (now!) and he will do it for me, bless his heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Quicken all the time, but not the 2009 version. However, I don't think that matters for what you need to know. You need to get on the new computer and stick the memory stick in the usb port. Then open 'My Computer' and open the drive for the memory stick - it's usually E or F. That way you can check that your data is on there. Next, open Quicken and Restore the data from the memory stick onto the new computer file. Where you may be going wrong is by not opening the right Drive?
    Good luck, let me know how you get on with it.
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retired One...we saw swans flying over head the other day and thought they might be headed for the lagoon (aka poop pond). Don't know where they ended up! Yes, I can see your hubby droppng everything and going with you! We are lucky women that way!!

    Star, I appreciate the input, but the problem is not in getting the data ON the flash drive but from the flash drive to the other computer with the same version of Quicken. And now there are so many FILES of Quicken on my laptop that when I opened Quicken today (due to checking the flashdrive yesterday to make sure it DID back up), I was presented with a list of which quicken file did I want to open and none of them have a qdf extension! They have long numbers after the file, so I was about in a panic trying to pick the correct one! This stuff gives me a gut ache!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo....all of you fellow Michigan bloggers are meeting. Wish I could join in the fun. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive