Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

COULDN'T GET A TICKET IF WE TRIED..AND WE DID TRY!

Gotta have my morning cup of coffee…that’s all there is to it. I don’t drink coffee any other time of the day except morning and when it is gone, it is gone. Oh, if we have friends stop by I will make more coffee but I don’t drink it. They just THINK it is coffee I have in my insulated ‘drinking jug’ when in fact it is water.

I don’t like flavored, perfumed coffee…just plain, strong coffee, but I DO have to add a little skim milk to it, basically enough that all it does is change the color, but that is the taste I want. And this morning, I had no milk! I even ransacked the cupboards seeing if I had any powdered creamer and I didn’t. So, I have black coffee this morning. It just isn’t the same. What a way to start the day.

Dan and I had a good trip to the Soo the other day; we stimulated the economy over that way. He got his gun safe and I picked out a TV and a bunch of other things that we needed for the 5th wheel. We are using the new TV in the living room till we leave(then it will go in the 5th wheel) and put the “old” TV in the bedroom. We had a dinky 13” TV in the bedroom, so with the 19” it seems like a wall to wall change in our viewing pleasure! AND we only have to use one remote now!! The old 13” TV’s remote started having the hiccups about 6 months ago. You can turn the volume UP but you couldn’t turn it down. You could go UP stations, but you couldn’t go down. We tried to get a remote that went with the TV but they don’t make them anymore, so we got a universal remote. HA!

We did everything we could to program that universal remote and finally had to settle on the fact that if you used it to change stations, it went up two stations at a time or it came down two stations at a time. AND you couldn’t use the numbered buttons to pick a station; it would go off in a direction all its own when you tried that. The only thing you COULD do with it was adjust the volume! So, lying in bed at night, trying to watch TV was not much fun when you had to run two remotes. AND now that we have a larger TV in the bedroom, we may be able to rearrange the furniture! We won’t have to have the bed so close to the TV in order to see what is on! Who wants to wear their glasses to bed in order to watch TV??? Our bedroom is about 24’ long so now we can take advantage of that!

Anyway, I digress; back to the Soo…


Our first stop was at the hospital. There was no place to park so we had to use the fairly new parking garage across the street. I had to park there one other time and swore I’d walk a mile before I ever parked there again!


My first time there started out just fine; drove in, got my ticket, the gate opened and I found a place to park. When I got ready to leave, I drove to the exit, inserted my ticket, it told me what I owed, I put the money in and then waited for the gate arm to lift….and I waited and waited…and waited some more. By now, there was another car behind me. I started to panic wondering how in the hell I would ever get out of this place. I saw there was like an intercom button on the piece of equipment that took my money and I pressed it. A voice said “Yes, may I help you?”. I explained what happened and miracles of miracles, the gate raised and I was free!!! I don’t know, and don’t care, what happened to those who followed. I just knew I wasn’t going back in there again!

So, here Dan and I are trying to find a place to park and he doesn’t want to walk a mile (neither did I really). I felt confident that in two years time whatever was wrong with that gate had to be fixed by now, so in we drove. The gate arm to the entrance wasn’t even down; strange. Dan pushed the button to get a ticket and nothing happened. He tried again, and still no ticket popped out. We looked around to see if there was any help in site. Nothing happened and no one was around that had an official look about them. So we drove in and parked. Even as we walked out of the building, we pushed the button to try to get a ticket to come out….nothing happened.

When we got into the hospital, we told the lady at the ‘counter’ what had happened, so she made a phone call to “someone”. The info she was given was to tell us when we got to the exit with no ticket, to press the silver call button and it would be taken care of. We weren’t quite sure what that meant.

An hour later, we were back at the truck and headed for the exit. Dan pushed the silver button and we could hear a phone dial. Dan was staring at the silver button, waiting for someone to answer the phone call and I was telling him, “GO!! GO!!! The gate is up!!! Get out of here before the Wonderful Wizard changes his mind!!”

One would think that the hospital isn’t making much money off from this parking system. I think we WILL walk a mile next time.

11 comments:

  1. Anytime you don't have to pay for parking - you definitely should take advantage! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha. Glad you guys were able to escape! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, you are right! But I kept waiting for someone to chase us down!!

    Ashley, we were glad too!!! Dan doesn't have a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With OUR luck, we would have gone and there would have been a hidden camera and we would have police looking for us to pay up. ha
    All day I have been trying to publish the comments I have coming in on my blog and I get an error message. Are you having the same issues???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retired one...I haven't had trouble trying to publish comments cause I guess I haven't been around too much today! One thing that DID happen was I couldn't get on to THE TRUTH ABOUT ME-SELF's blog this a.m but that seems to be working now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dropped by from the Retired One...nice you escaped before the wizard caught you. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh and my coffee has to be black as well...just the way it was intended.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes paying for parking is MORE than my co-pay at the hospital for doc appts. It's insane. Free parking is good :-)

    And, just so you don't think you are alone, our universal remote is fairly useless too.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. To be honest with you, I didn't go through this post. I'm here for a different reason - I've got something for you in my latest post. Please pay a visit and here's the link for your convenience - http://truthabtmeself.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-fist-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your response on my last post. And to answer your question, we don't experience fall in this part of the world (India). But the weather is rather pleasant with occasional rains and a warm sun over your head through out the day and colder nights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brian, Thanks for dropping by!!! I will try to do likewise sometime today!

    Joanna, I'm glad to know we aren't the only ones with a useless remote! And beleive me we really tried to get it "honed" in!

    Ekanthapadhikan, I appreciate the info about your country and the type of "autumn" you experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive