Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A SLIGHT BLUSH


Just thought I'd share a photo I took in our campground the other day. You can see the maples are getting a slight color to them. As the colors progress, I will share the fall color report with you that I post online for the Eastern U.P.
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. sfeutz10:33 AM

    No real color in the trees here either. We were disappointed to not find any leaves turning in the high country either. Some of the oakbrush on the ground is turning which helps us impatient color watchers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic. this one is. And yes. I'll be looking forward to your fall colour report.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like you to go through this and put your comment on this.

    http://truthabtmeself.blogspot.com/2009/09/new-face-of-hiduism.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ekanthapadhikan, (I think I spelled your name correctly, please excuse me if I did not)...I don't have a lot of time to spend on blogs (probably why I don't have many followers!!) but I will try to spend sometime on your site. I DID notice you signing up to be a Yarns follower so I thank you for that. I will try this afternoon to get to your link. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo.....colors!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leaving tomorrow for the U.P. from central Ohio. Can barely stand the wait. Have been watching the weather forecast for days. Glad to see there will be some color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley, not much yet but it's a tease!!

    Jasper, HEY!! You have a safe trip getting here and getting back home again!!! What part of da U.P. are you headed for??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Headed for Curtis for some fishing, hiking, and plan to do some "tourist" stuff this year, going to the Pictured Rocks, Marquette, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jasper, did you see that state (and possibly world) record brown trout caught near Manistee??? HOLY WAH!!!! 41 + pounds!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gary / Battle Creek2:21 AM

    WOW, that's one huge brownie. The biggest one I've ever caught was 18" out of a creek down here.....still good eating though !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Gary!!! Can you imagine catching something like that???!!! The biggest I EVER had on my line was a large mouth bass that my former hubby said looked to weigh well over 5 pounds. I didn't quite get him to the boat before the line broke, but the ex saw him....no, that wasn't the ONLY reason for divorce!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gary / Battle Creek5:57 PM

    LOL....the biggest fish that I have ever caught was a 41" pike taken while camping / fishing on the Taquamenon River....wish I was UP there now !!! Forever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gary...hmmm, wanna live up here forever??? I know where there is a beautiful piece of property for sale; 76 acres of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gary / Battle Creek8:03 PM

    I'm so broke that I can barely afford to pay attention :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gary, I'll have to remember THAT saying!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so strange here...some areas have big colored patches of reds and yellows and oranges and five miles down the road they are all still green!
    Our lake is about 30% color....but changing every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive