Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

SAVING FACE

My daughter started a Face Book page (or whatever it is officially called). I have not gotten involved with Face Book (or is it Facebook??).

I have been strongly urged to start a page (or whatever it is called) for our business, but I couldn’t see what it would do for me other than one more thing for me to keep on top of.

But when my daughter sent me an invitation, I naturally wanted to check it out. I thought I could just click on the link and viola! I would be at her Face Book!!

I didn’t realize in order to “go there” that I had to create an account. Shows how much I know.
So after filling out the form and providing my email and choosing a password, I finally was given the key to the kingdom of Face Book. I spent some time of my daughter’s page(s) and then silently snuck away….or so I thought.

Within the past couple of days I have received email alerts telling me that “so and so” wants to ad me as a member (I don’t know if that is what I’m called) on their face book page. Those of you who are familiar with this email know that you have the option of choosing to be on that page or declining by not doing anything with the email. I think within the past couple of days I’ve received about 60 of those invites….and I have declined every one. Some are people I don’t even know, or at least I don’t think I know. Or if I DID know, I have since forgotten.

So if any of you were one of those invitations, please forgive my “being behind the times” and declining the invitation. It is nothing personal, but this seems like a snowball that is picking up speed and size.

What I have TRIED to do this morning was change some things around on the slim profile that I had to create to get to my daughters pages…I have tried to change it to CLEMENTZ’S NORTHCOUNTRY CAMPGROUND AND CABINS. In the fine print, I see it can take up to 24 hours for that change to take effect, so for the next 24 hours, if I continue to get invitations, they will be declined. If this change goes through and the Face Book account is under our business name instead of MY name, then maybe I’ll get more involved. If THAT doesn’t work, I may “delete my account forever” and try to start from scratch.

So, please don’t take offense if I didn’t respond to your invitation…yet.

(PS, there is another post from earlier this morning; scroll down!!)

6 comments:

  1. Ha Ha, welcome to the facebook world! I was a bit hesitant at first and confused, but then it kinda becomes addicting. I use it mostly for networking with my photography. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sfeutz11:07 AM

    Hi Cathy. .

    If Tom and I are facebookers that you declined. . we forgive you! :)The nice thing is people are notified if they are declined or deleted from your friends list. Tom spends a lot of time on facebook. . I spend a little time. I don't do the games. .No time for that. A lot of the stuff seems like passing notes in Jr Hi to me! Most are for everyone to see and then sometimes you think one is private and it is published for the world. I think we both have appreciated being able to stay in better contact with children, grandchildren and old(not particularly aged) friends. I don't put a lot of photography on facebook but occasionally post something that I think will be of interest. There are a couple of people that are "friends" that use it successfully to promote their business. People use their real names, and after all of these years of being told to not share your information with strangers, facebook is such a contradiction! Hope you enjoy the facebook contact with your daughter! Sometimes just one "friend" makes the place worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sfeutz11:10 AM

    OOps! and I don't know how to edit these comments! Typo!!! I should have said people aren't notified of declines on facebook! Sorry. . Not enough coffee. . Bye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, I didn't know how the accept or decline thing works so thanks for the explanation!

    I have mixed feelings about giving all that personal info "out there" too.

    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happened to me too. I have people who request to be a friend and I don't have a CLUE who they are! But then a girl I went to high school with and lost touch with located me and I was so happy.
    I also learned that if you don't want to offend anyone, you can accept them as a friend and then the next day (or anytime after) you can refuse them and they never find out you are not following them. You no longer get their messages, which is great. I had one lady that I went to high school with contacted me, which I thought was great...and then she started sending messages about religion and praising the lord about 30 times a day. I have nothing against religion, but I sure didn't want it shoved down my throat with many messages, etc. So I blocked her. Whew. Peace again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Retired One, it sounds to me like Facebook can be a lot of work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive