Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, September 14, 2009

BACK TO THE DARK AGES

I thought I would take advantage of the 14 day free trial offer of Carbonite ( a highly praised online backup service).

I have been researching it for about a week and have had several online chats with their representatives. Yesterday, I downloaded and installed Carbonite and the backup began.

After installing it, I got a message that said to please be patient as it could take several days to complete the first back up due to most high speed internet connections only allowing you so many GB per day. WILD BLUE measures theirs in MB. After the initial backup was completed, future daily backups would happen quickly.

Within two hours, my FAP threshold with Wild Blue had been maxed out, which made my internet connection virtually useless. So I have had to resort to dial up.

This summer, due to our guests using our wifi or Ethernet connection (possibly downloading movies or music), my FAP threshold had maxed out so at that point, I upgraded to the next service level. I had to keep the next service level for at least a month. On September 8 I downgraded back to the service level I have had for the past 3 years (and have had no problems with the FAP).

So, anyway, I am resorting to dial up until this threshold gets back down to a reasonable level. It only went down 2% over night so this could take a while. It also means any of our guests trying to access wifi or Ethernet will need to go someplace else, like the library.

I won’t be spending as much time checking emails or online until I don’t have to resort to dial up anymore because I don’t want to tie up our 2nd line.

I will try to catch up with the blogs I follow soon and if you make comments on my blogs, please don’t be offended if I don’t respond to a comment.

(The Love Affair with a Bridge will eventually continue! Right now, I'm connected at a whopping 26.4 kbps!!)

Thanks!!

3 comments:

  1. Ick! Hope to read more soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I yi yi, Dial up is slower than molasses! Hang in there.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating! I have wondered about Carbonite.
    Tonight either my website is super slow or Blogpost is because you took forever to load and longer to add a comment.
    I think it is on my end tho, because yours is not the only blog to do this to me tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive