Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, August 24, 2009

SYMANTEC IS A DAY LATE AND SEVERAL DOLLARS SHORT

The continuing saga of SYMANTEC FRAMEWORK HAS STOPPED WORKING AND NEEDS TO CLOSE....

I was just on the Symantec website in order to find out how to cancel my subscription. I have over 340 days left on both computers, but it is set to automatically renew and bill when it renews.

In trying to get to the right place through the maze, I found a new page that they JUST ADDED ON AUGUST 23RD about this problem!! There is now a "hot fix" for it because they apparently have had so many issues with it this weekend! I don't know if you have ever dealt with Symantec via their chat line before, but when the chat is over, you receive an email asking you if the problem persists to let them know. You also receive an email with a link so you can get back into that same chat area with someone who is aware of the problem you are having. BEEN THERE, DID THAT 3 TIMES. Each one of the 3 Symantec reps assured me that the manager would follow up with a phone call within 24 hours. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM ANYONE. AND, after the last chat, there were no follow up emails.

This "fix" is too little too late for they have lost my business!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:08 PM

    Jeez your a campground! not a multi use multi employee company buy a dell/apple and use free anti ware............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:18 PM

    me again, avira antiVir,super anti spyware,registry mechanic. all free.. + more ifen ya look.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, yep, we are just a campground, but once bitten, twice shy. And it worries me for the fact that our guests use our wifi service (password protected) and at least one of the features that is SUPPOSED to be with NIS 2009 is to keep prying wifi eyes out of your system, etc.

    I will do a search on the avira. It was recommneded to me by someone else too. I just haven't had a lot of time to check into it. AND I HOPE my computer guru's at the Soo won't steer me wrong. One of them has said that other than the wifi thing, I really shouldn't need the internet security thing. So, we'll see what happens. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sympathize w/ you Cathy! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember when all ya needed was a pen and paper?? HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:15 AM

    Too many stupid people complain and they don't know what they're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous, do you mean the stupid people that complain that don't know what they are doing (meaning me) or the stupid people that complain (me) and Norton reps don't know what they are doing? Seems I've touched a sore spot with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:22 AM

    No matter what norton tells anyone, they are in the business of making money. I found out the hard way that there customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I switched a long time ago to to McAfee and havn'et had any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:34 AM

    I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I AM NOT THE SAME ANONYMOUS AS THE ONE THAT POSTED ABOUT PEOPLE BEING STUPID. I'M REFERRING TO THE MCAFEE POST OF A MINUTE AGO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To the last anonymous, no big deal. You didn't sound like the same anonymous as the previous. Hey, I'm not afraid to admit I'm not the sharpest tack in the box. As much trouble as I have had with the laptop, I AM going to be paranoid and ask a LOT of questions! We only have 56 days till we leave so that computer has to be RIGHT!!

    National Office Products in the Soo have been very helpful and patient through the whole thing. If I didn't trust them, I would NOT have purchased the new desk top too. So nothing against National.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive