Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, August 07, 2009

MOTHER NATURES BIG JOKE

IT IS 37 DEGREES THIS MORNING!!! What more do I need to say??? I may start updating the fall color report sooner than I expected!!!

13 comments:

  1. 37 degrees? Ouch! I hope it doesn't snow tomorrow! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes!!! Should I be thinking about packing winter clothes for our September trip to the U.P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelley, we DID have snow the 2nd or was it 3rd (??) weekend in May!

    Jasper, I never did put my long underwear in storage this "summer"!! They are handy if I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, Have you heard anything about the blueberry crop? Is is behind schedule this year too? We'd like to come up M-28 for picking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SBW, All I have heard is the berries will be plentiful but very small. I haven't even had a chance to get out and look at the wild berry bushes on our property. The blueberry festival in Paradise is the weekend of the 22nd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brrr....that is a bit to cold for the beginning of August don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. To make things worse, we went for a ride in the woods tonight and saw the tips of some of the leaves are starting to turn color already.
    UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was 48 degrees here(northern lower peninsula) this morning at 7 a.m. Maple trees are already turning orange/red. Not much of a summer eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Retired One. The experts always tells us the change occurs due to shorter daylight hours and temps. Well, I guess we're getting both of those!! But it DOES seem early!

    DVM's wife...I am surprised the trees are changing down that way already too!!! Are you hearing crickets yet? So far, none up our way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lived in Mid Michigan until Feb. when we moved to NC. My husband is from Boyne City/Walloon Lake. We always packed for warm and cold weaher to go anywhere near northern Mi. It is a fickle state weather wise. On the other hand, her tomorrow is projected to have a heat index of 105-110. Where would you rather be?

    ReplyDelete
  12. AmyK, Michigan IS a fickle weather state. But, we survive it!

    We'll be heading for Manteo N.C. in a couple of months and SOOO looking forward to it! So far we've only toured the mountain areas of NC. But no, I don't want 105-110!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Og good lord. That's just nasty!
    Bundle up and stay warm!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive