Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, August 24, 2009

ITCHY KITCHY YA, YA

Yep, fall is in the air. It is 46 degrees this morning and my arms and feet have hives. I'm trying to ignore the itch, but it is very difficult!!

My cold urticaria has gotten so if I have ANY ice cream at all, I have to keep a tepid glass of water handy....and even at that I have problems. It use to just feel like it was affecting my throat, ever so slightly. Now, it is different...and the best way to describe it is this; ya know when you eat something HOT and it burns the tender skin on the roof of your mouth??? THAT is how my mouth feels after eating ice cream. I don't notice it until about 10 minutes later and it lasts for maybe 30 minutes. Drinking warm water doesn't make it go away any quicker. I don't consume a lot of ice cream and this sure is taking the pleasure out of what I DO consume!

It sounds like the Blueberry Festival in Paradise was a BIG success this year! One of the vendors that was there said this is the best year she has had since 2001! AND it appears the Lumberjack festival at the logging museum was well attended. Our business was about twice what it was last year for this same weekend.

National Office Products in the Soo opens in about one hour and I will be on the phone to them shortly after. After speaking with them, then I will decide which anti-virus software to put on my desk top (it will be whatever they feel I should put on the laptop). I have gotten so use to having the Internet Security coverage too so I kind of hate to give that up. It isn't that I go to a lot of "weird sites" but a lot of our business is conducted via the Net. For one thing, we have an online reservation system and even though it is a secure, protected site...ya just never know. BUT I guess, if some big, old hacker can get into the VA site and get all that info about our Vets and another hacker can get into the DEA website...I guess NO one is safe.

I appreciate your input on what you use and it appears most of you are totally comfortable with not having an Internet protection so maybe I should be too. I'm still open for opinions!

Later!!

7 comments:

  1. Whew.....46 degrees! Huh....and it is August 24th. Brian and I might be heading up your way the weekend of October 10th. We need us some relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, it is expected to get up to 80 today!! And only 60 tonight!! I hope if you are in our area, you will stop by and say hi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:54 AM

    Cathy, I've sent you an email with my recommendations.

    Greg B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg, thanks! Got the email and the great info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be sure to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nights really have been cold, haven't they? I am afraid we will get frost soon...and our tomatoes aren't ripe yet. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Retired One...and I'm wondering with the next full moon will we have our first frost??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive