Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, August 03, 2009

IS THIS TOO MUCH INFO??

Today is my day to do my bit to protect myself from breast cancer. As all women, it isn't a test I look forward to, but I'm reminding you (even you hubbys), it is something you DO NEED TO DO!! And I will admit, every year, I sit in a panic until the results come back.

I'm sure we all know women who have had breast cancer; some the outcome was good, some not so good. I have had two scares and one still lingers. I have a spot that shows up on the mammogram, shows up on an ultrasound, but doesn't show up on the MRI. I can feel it if I try to. So it is just one of those things that is being "watched".

So, if this is too much info, I apologize. My intentions are to remind you to "GET 'ER DUN"!

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!! At least it damn well better be! My new desk top arrives and all the business stuff gets transferred from this old thing to it AND MY LAPTOP IS SUPPOSED TO BE BACK, ALL TESTED AND READY TO GO! When National got the laptop back with a new motherboard last Thursday, they tested it all afternoon, overnight and on Friday. The guru who will be here tomorrow even took it home for the weekend to put it through the wringer.

I've had so many camper stories I've wanted to put together and share, but haven't due to this old thing...hopefully they will still be fresh enough in my mind when I DO get my office back in order!!

Later!!

5 comments:

  1. Good girl getting your mammogram! It's VERY important!

    And fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow with the computer. It's about time :-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you remember not to put your boob in between your lap top and shut the cover....it doesn't work that way...
    but hey, maybe some day?
    Wouldn't that be a hoot?
    You could do your own Mamm and send it via email to your doctor.
    ha
    good luck with it, you will be in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna, I wish I could convince my 30 year old daughter that it is important, but since I can't, I will try to convince others.

    Those damn machines can't get here soon enough! It tool 7 minutes for just THIS comment thing to open up so I could comment!

    Retired One, you are such a NUT! But wouldn't that be great!! Install a boob PC in the bathroom of every home so you can do your own mammos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your "new" computer. Keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for the new computer ... and the other thing, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive