Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

CLUNKERS, BUGS AND LOTS OF MONEY

Just some wondering thoughts;

I started my day with my usual routine; grab my robe, put my clean clothes in the bathroom, make my coffee, watch the weather, get my first cup of coffee and that first sip of instant eye opener and head back to the shower. After lathering up with my Oil of Olay, I dropped that almost full bottle on my big toe. Dan was still sleeping so I swore and suffered in silence. I can’t believe he didn’t hear the bottle hit my toe!

I guess I do a lot of my thinking in the shower, or when I am trying to take my mind off a throbbing toe.

My thoughts for the day follow….

CASH FOR CLUNKERS; Now that the program is over, many car dealers are sitting back and waiting to be reimbursed for those sales they made. Has anyone figured out which pocket this is coming from? Also, what about the people that made the purchases? Do you suppose the lending institutions went over-board again by giving loans to people who can’t afford another loan? Will the new cars soon be repossessed? Will there be another bailout for some lenders because people default on the loans? Will there be a government owned car lot of repos??

THE TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT; Did you know that if NO MORE debt was incurred by the U.S. and that NO INTEREST had to be paid on all of the loans the U.S. government has out that it would take over 3000 years to repay these debts (or did the expert say 34,000 years??)?? I don’t think the world will exist long enough for that to happen….or maybe that is the idea??? And what is the difference between THIS fuzzy accounting and the person that has umpteen credit cards and keeps using one to pay on the other?? DON'T WE FROWN ON THAT LINE OF THINKING???

EARWIGS ABOUND; No, earwigs are not something worn in olden days to keep your ears warm. Earwigs are a nasty looking insect with pinchers on their head. And this season has been a booming one for them. Even the health departments have had phone calls inquiring about the abundance of earwigs and what to do about them. There was an article in our local, once a week whether you need it or not, newspaper about how to get rid of them. The suggestion that comes to mind is to roll up a newspaper and wet it, and then put it someplace where you have seen the earwigs (which are about all over the place). In the morning, you will have a rolled up newspaper full of earwigs to dispose of. The article goes on to say, take the paper and earwigs to the garbage. WHAT THE HELL GOOD DOES THAT DO? THEY AREN’T DEAD!!! THEY’LL BE BAAACCCCKKKK….. I managed to share a towel this morning with two of them. Gives me the damn creeps thinking about it. And they are difficult to kill!

Hey, at least I’m off the BASH NORTON KICK!!!

9 comments:

  1. sfeutz8:49 AM

    Earwigs are the worst! I wish I had known about the wet newspaper trick years ago when we had an invasion of the little critters at WNBY. They were dropping off the ceiling onto the DJ's as they were trying to do their shift. Not good. The FCC manual definately didn't cover this! I know we were told by someone to clear any brush around the building which we did and that didn't work. I think they just finally went away. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, I guess I need to write another post as to the odd places I have FOUND earwigs....fortunatly not in my ear!! These are HUGE this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cathy, That's some big thinking so early in the morning :-)

    The whole government spending thing-- Oy, that's all I can say.

    And earwings- Oy, and Oy again! I just hate 'em.

    Hope your toe's okay.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna, No one can ever accuse me of being a deep thinker; shower or not! It hurts too much to think too deeply!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:43 PM

    We agree with everything you said! And then some! And, we don't use noront anymore either. totally messed up our computer. We had the norton 360 but got rid of it and went with Mcaffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to google earwigs...I don't think I have ever seen one or heard of them before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous, I DID finally get a phone call AND an email from Norton. They want to give me an additional free month OR a refund!

    Retired One; I am anxious to hear what you think about earwigs becuaes I am very surprised you've never seen them over your way before (or possibly didn't know that is what they are??)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:06 PM

    Use Fantastik [the bathroom cleaner stuff] to kill any earwigs you see. I don't know if it helps to prevent them [as in spray where you think they're coming from], but it does kill them instantly, and "cleanly." Safe to use around kids, pets, and food stuffs.
    Just don't use the Fantastik with bleach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous I'll have to get some of that stuff for the 5th wheel before we leave! Hard telling WHAT kind of bugs we'll come across 'down south'!~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive