Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A BIT OF THIS AND A LITTLE OF THAT

I have an item I can put in our 5th wheel!!! Something that I already know where it goes!!!

It is a 2010 calendar!!!

I am creating my “going to da Soo” list for things we need to put in our 5th wheel prior to leaving. I am NOT a shopper; you would think Dan would be happy about that. But, he actually likes taking a little time to look around whatever store we happen to be in. Me??? I go armed with a list and a plan. I rarely stray from that list and don’t bother looking at things that I don’t need or wish I had. I won’t be able to go till maybe sometime during the 3rd week of September.

I still haven’t had a chance to check out all of those links that everyone sent in regards to getting the correct TV. Camping has really slowed down in the past two days so I probably will be able to find some time to start checking those sites out. I spoke with other business owners too and they said they have seen a big slow down within the past couple of days. So, I went back through the last 4 years % of occupancy reports for our park, and YEP!! Each one, this week, showed a big slow down. Must be parents getting the kids ready to go back to school.

McNamara’s are done logging in our woods. They still have a pile of logs and some pulp wood to haul out. I don’t think I’ll go back there again for, oh, maybe another 10 years….it’ll have a chance to grow up a bit. Right now, I’m sure it looks pretty decimated what with tree tops, brush, etc all over. McNamara’s do an outstanding job of logging but logging is what it is. When they are all done, Dan will have to straighten out the nature trails and maybe put up some new signage. Due to where the loggers came in and out with the skidder and trucks it could be confusing as to what IS the nature trail and what is not the nature trail.

The hummers have been SO VERY full of zip the past couple of days that it makes me wonder if they are getting ready to take off for the south. They normally aren’t this active till about September 7th or so. We had some guests, Bill and Cheryl Fitch (the ones that spent a winter at the sandhill crane refuge) sitting on the deck (our bird observatory) last night with us and Cheryl almost got her ear perforated when one flew past her head. It makes me wonder if the hummers actually guzzle enough calories to make up for all the chasing around they do. And don’t you wonder, when they go flying off like that, zigging and zagging…do they essentially have a flight plan in mind or do they just take off willy nilly??

AND FALL IS COMING!!! THE CRICKETS ARE CHIRPING!! AND THE WEATHER HAS COOLED OFF TO MORE NORMAL TEMPS!!!! Good sleeping weather. YAWN…

This weekend is the blueberry festival in Paradise as well as the festival at the logging museum, just to the south of us. So, if you find yourself in our neck of da woods, you’ve got some good choices for entertainment!! (BTW, the blueberries are plentiful and they are good size!)

4 comments:

  1. Our hummers have been NUTS too...and eating like crazy at the feeder~!!!
    I am dreading the cooler days where I have to take down the feeder in fear of freezing, which I fear will be soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan thinks we will have a very early September frost. It is 46 this a.m!!! Good sleeping weather, but my hands and feet are in a frenzy with hives!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "AND FALL IS COMING!!! THE CRICKETS ARE CHIRPING!! AND THE WEATHER HAS COOLED OFF TO MORE NORMAL TEMPS!!!! Good sleeping weather. YAWN…"

    Whoo-hoo for fall weather! I am ready. Yesterday evening I was able to wear a sweatshirt while relaxing on our deck and it felt oh so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, I've had summer blouses that I didn't even wear until a couple of days ago when it was so darn hot!! AND I never DID put my long underwear away!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive