Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

MY JOB HERE IS FINISHED...ALMOST!

For several months the Newberry Area Chamber of Commerce has been looking for a new director. I won't go into what the responsibilities that she will have, but a couple of them will be things that I have been doing for the Chamber and for the Tourism website.

I would gladly continue doing these things except DAN AND I ARE LEAVING IN OCTOBER FOR THE WINTER and it would be hard for me to try to keep my little responsibilities "done up" for either organization.

I have updated and maintained the Chamber website and the Tourism website for several years. It isn't anything hard to do; just time consuming. And truthfully, the past 3 weeks I haven't been doing a very good job of it due to my COMPUTER PROBLEMS.

The new director will begin receiving her website maintenance training about mid August (at least I THINK that is what I was told). She will have a LOT of other things to learn to take over the director position but it sounds like the Chamber board has every confidence that she will succeed and therefore help the Chamber succeed. I can't share her name with you at this moment, but as soon as I have official info I will gladly pass it along.

So, yep, my job here (with the Chamber and Tourism Association) is almost finished.

AND THE NEW DESK TOP FOR OUR BUSINESS IS SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERED ON TUESDAY, THE 28TH!!! I am counting the minutes!! This is almost as exciting as counting down the days till we leave for Manteo (which is about 80 days!!). And the laptop with a new motherboard is supposed to come home on the 28th too. I think I've been without that thing more than I've been with it.

AND next week, I will finally be able to get back and check the few blogs that I DO follow. I've got a lot of catching up to do. Considering that the campground and our lodging has been doing very well this past week and hoping that it is a sign of things to come yet this summer, I actually hope I don't have the time to do that catching up! And I KNOW you all understand that!!

3 comments:

  1. Of course we understand!!!!

    You have some big things coming up. I know how happy you will be to finally get the computer up and running again.

    My Mom was the Dir. of the Chamber of Commerce for our hometown for 25 years until she retired. She loved it. I take my hat off to you for all your work on your chamber's website! It really helps your community and everyone who visits!

    Counting the days with you....
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo happy for you...!
    As long as you blog from your new location in October, I will forgive you for leaving us in the U.P. ha
    Although I hope to leave the snow for about a month this winter too...otherwise I will go nuts.
    Also happy for you that you will get your new computer..it is so frustrating not to have the tools one needs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna, There have been a couple of things that I "gave up" within the past 6 months as far as website stuff. It will seem strange this winter not doing 3 online trail reports. Usually by now, I've started updating trail reports with info just to get the sledders excited about winter. So, not having community involvement will seem strange! Hats off to your Mom! That is a BIG challenge; especially for so many years!!


    Retired One...HEY, as long as I've got a computer, I'll be blogging! IF I can find an affordable wifi connect thingamabob I want to get one to use for the 6 months we are gone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive