Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, April 09, 2009

WHEN WE LEAVE.....

I now know how slow molasses in January flowing up hill is. I got so use to that lap top SO quickly. When I was on it, I had speed that pinned my lips back by my ears. Now, with it being in the "hospital" and I'm back to my desk top, my lips and cheeks are back to hanging where they did prior to the laptop. I even have to slow down my typing!

I posted a comment on Retired One's antique story. Part of my comment prompted a question from Retired one. I said something to the effect "when we leave here". She questioned what I meant and asked me to "spill it". So for those of you who haven't been following me for very long, I'll explain it to ya all.

When we purchased this defunct campground in 1992, it was with the intention of it being our retirement. We added most everything that you see here (and some things that you don't see because they are "underground" improvements). It dawned on me 2 years ago in May that Dan was going to be 60. So, we decided it was time to sell our park. We also knew with the way the economy was (even only two years ago) that we would be here for a while.

The first time a realtor came out to look at our property, get info, take photos, etc, it was about the 3rd week of May. Everything was such a brilliant green and it was so beautiful looking out into the park. I couldn't even explain features to her because by then I was crying. This has been a difficult decision for us because we HAVE put so much of ourselves (not counting all the money); our hearts and souls basically into this park. And we give thanks to God every day for allowing us to have been here and had this experience. We try to give back to God and Nature by keeping our park what we consider pristine and natural...but still offer all the amenities that some RV'ers want.

We will be picky about who we sell to because we want that person (or persons) to respect this place and to pick up where we have left off. So we may be here a REALLY long time. We have had "lookers" but have been glad those lookers did not work out.

Dan and I figure that once this sells we may not ever come back...not unless that person really DOES pick up where we left off and continues on. I would hate to come back here and see all the beautiful trees cut down or the woods timbered out. Dan and I planted a LOT of trees when we first moved here and there were already many trees in the campground.

We have 76 acres to there is a lot of room to expand and it CAN be done without "torturing the trees" or clear cutting the surrounding woods. You know what property looks like when it has been clear cut.

And with Dan's disability, it is becoming even more important for us to sell. WE don't want to let things run down either and it gets harder for us to do certain things (like getting on the roofs of the cabins to stain the cedar shakes).

So, when Retired One posted interpretations of my dreams, I kind of got excited about those interpretations. Please wish us well in finding that perfect buyer.

(Anyway, we're off to Cheboygan today and hopefully to the Soo on the way back. And tomorrow, WE FINALLY GET TO BRING OUR 5TH WHEEL HOME! We still don't have a good place to park it due to all the #%^ snow, so it'll set by the pole barn for a while!)

See ya later!

4 comments:

  1. Cathy, Tom & I are experiencing some of the same emotions that you are. We put our house up for sale last week. We've had 4 couple go through but have had no offers. We're not even sure what we are going to do if it sells. We know we can move to the cabin and actually stay there year round if necessary. But it really needs updating and enlarging to live there very long. My husband is fine with this uncertainty but it is driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the explanation...now I get it....if you sell, are you going to live in the nearby area? You aren't moving far away are you????
    When summer comes, we will have to take a drive to your campground and look at it (and of course stop by and meet you guys!)

    I am sorry you find it so difficult to stay where you love it...is there any way you could hire a few caretakers to help you out?
    Maybe some summer help from some responsible college boys with supervision???

    Maybe there is another answer other than selling and moving away from where you love it so much???
    Just wondering...
    The Retirement Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  3. SBW, I feel everything happens for a reason so when the time is right buyers will arrive...and it IS a hard decision to make. BUT you can become an RVer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retired One...Dan and I LOVE our property, but we are getting tired of the business (if that makes sense). We are at the age in our lives where we want to enjoy the rest of it and we LOVE to travel. Dan and I are BOTH so excited about this upcoming fall/winter adventure and it will give us a taste of what life can be like for us. And there is the disability factor for Dan we have to consider.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive