Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

PERKS OF GETTIING OLDER

Perks of reaching 50 or being over 60 and heading towards 80!
MY THOUGHTS ARE IN PURPLE

1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you. (Fortunately not too many kidnappers in Newberry)

02. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first. (Especially after I break out in hives; I can convince them I'm highly contagious!)

03. No one expects you to run--anywhere. (Why the hell do I have these expensive shoes then?)

04. People call at 9 PM and ask, did I wake you? (try 8 p.m. during the winter for me!)

05. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac. (No, but I CAN be a real pain for everyone else!)

06. There is nothing left to learn the hard way. (I've known it all since I was a teenager; didn't you??)

07. Things you buy now won't wear out. (Especially running shoes; see item #3)

08. You can eat supper at 4 PM. (Especially in the winter so I can be in bed by 8!)

09. You can live without sex but not your glasses. (there must be a smart response; something about needing glasses to see whom you are having sex with??)

10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans. (Does anyone actually have a pension plan left??)

11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge. (We have a hard time getting up to 55 in the 4 mile drive to town!)

12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room. (Have a hard enough time holding my tongue!)

13. You sing along with elevator music. (Well, HUM maybe)

14. Your eyes won't get much worse. (Unless I'm having sex; see item #9)

15 . Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.

16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service. (The joints HAVE to be more accurate because they are so swollen I can't run the remote control in order to watch the weather channel)

17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either. (Do we have secrets after age 50+...other than our real age?)

18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size. (That may be true, but my fat cells have picked up where the brain cells left off)

3 comments:

  1. Funny and cute post!!!!
    I can relate to most of them (and your comments!)
    haaaaa.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's heck to be able to relate to those things, isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article. i enjoyed reading it, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive