Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, April 02, 2009

ICE, ICE BABY

First shot is closer to the shoreline along the harbor outside Paradise.
The 2nd and 3rd shots remind Dan and me of dumplings that had been plopped in a boiling pot of broth. Strange, huh?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE these shots!
    They remind me of ice mushrooms!
    I have never gone out to see the lake breaking up this close before because I hate the cold....but it sure looks like it is well worth it to get these amazing pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ice "dumplings" are so neat! I've never seen ice like that before.
    Looks like you had quite a scenic drive and the sun was shining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ice "dumplings" are so neat! I've never seen ice like that before.
    Looks like you had quite a scenic drive and the sun was shining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retired One...THAT is a very good description! It wasn't cold yesterday and I actually had to remove my coat on the walk back from the Falls. Even my hands were warm! I DID have my glacier boots on though! I wouldn't have been able to get these particular shots if we hadn't stopped at that marina and walked out on what I call the gang plank...praying that it held....

    ReplyDelete
  5. DVM's Wife..I hadn't either! I want to find out what makes it form like that. It was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon (especially trying to keep Dan's mind occupied!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:32 PM

    How neat. WOW!
    My first thought: God made birdbaths out of ice.
    An amazing photograph.
    Thanks, Cathy.
    Just me: Gaylord G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEY Gaylord G'ma. that is a VERY good description! I hadn't thought of that!

    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive