Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO TITLE THIS ONE!

What a day this has been,
What a rare mood I’m in,
Why it’s almost like
Being in ……HELL…(sorry Irving Berlin or whomever wrote that song)

The day started out with a screeching halt and went downhill from there. The first thing I do after I make my coffee, shower and dress is check email. Long story short, Norton had a red face instead of the normal yellow face. I tried everything it said to do and nothing helped. Norton finally hooked me up with an agent so we could “chat” online.

By now, it is about 8:00 a.m. I had already spent an HOUR if not longer messing with it. I couldn’t even do a scan! I got a message that said “In order to do a scan, you must first download and install the new updates!!” I HAD ALREADY DONE THAT AND THEY DIDN’T TAKE!! 42MB WORTH, which I cannot understand because it updates about every 10 minutes on its own. Even at 100Mbps, 42mb takes a while. I had restarted my computer so many times I’d lost count.

So, anyway, chatting with this agent…I am not a prejudiced type person, but I figured when he typed in “Hello, Cathy. My name is Kumard GuruBaron S. and I am here to help you.”, that I wasn’t dealing in America. At least he typed in a language I read!

We tried this, that and the other then finally he gave me a web address that took me to a Symantec site where I put in a pin number he supplied. Once this was done, I had to click on Yes a couple of times and then we were in a new chat area. The whole process was to allow HIM access to my computer. After about 10 minutes of this, he let me know that he could not get access in my computer and that I needed to go to such and such a site and update my Norton. He knew I’d already done all that 3 times but I told him I’d try again. He said if that didn’t work, I’d have to uninstall Norton and re-install it. Since MY Norton is installed from Symantec’s site, I was not comfortable doing this due to that nasty virus floating around out there. Do you see what I mean? If I UNINSTALLED IT I was truly vulnerable when I went into Internet Explorer to get to Symantec’s site.

I am not a Guru and I don’t take unnecessary chances with much of anything, especially when my business depends on it (THANK GOD MY OLD COMPUTER SEEMS TO BE OK!! OR I WOULDN’T BE ABLE TO TELL YOU ALL OF THIS! IT IS JUST SO SLOW COMPARED TO THE LAP TOP). So, I called National Office in the Soo and asked Chris if I could bring my computer over (after explaining and then HE had me go to places on my computer that I didn’t know existed in an effort to help me avoid a trip and expense of his time). So Dan and I just got back a while ago. I had to leave the laptop in the Soo because Chris is out on calls.

Dan and I have to be in Cheboygan tomorrow at 10:20 a.m. so I’m hoping by the time we’re ready to head back home, the computer will be done and we can “swing by” the Soo and pick it up. The Soo is a bit out of the way of home, but I have gotten very spoiled by that laptop!
So, the rest of the “horse” story will have to wait till I get the other computer back.

Now, I need to go catch up with what all of you have written today!

OH, IN CASE YOU DIDN’T NOTICE, I HAVE PUT THE ZEN THOUGHT FOR THE DAY ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE, RIGHT AT THE TOP.

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your computer problems - I'm all to familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I so feel your pain. I am scared all the time when my laptop gets slow or acts up...it is my buddy, my friend, my pal ! You did the right thing and I hope after it has surgery it comes back like new!

    The Retirement Chronicles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive