Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, March 14, 2009

SUNBATHING SWAN


I was actually able to spend time outside today without breaking out in hives!!

Dan and I took a drive to Seney Wildlife Refuge, which we couldn't drive through yet (due to lots of snow...need snowshoes). But along M-77 on the ice were two swans "sunbathing on the ice". Your eyes aren't fooling you. I am just posting a shot of one of them. The other was further out and basically looked like a clump of ice!

It has been a beautiful day; 47 degrees at one point! Sunny and of course every thing is still a glare of ice where anyone has plowed their driveways.

I think I posted the other day that the crows were starting to build their nests...and that isn't the only sign of spring. The doves are chasing each other around trying to find some willing female. I guess they need to get started early as many broods as they produce in a season!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic shot! There used to be a pair of white swans in the bay by the Redrocks between L'Anse and Baraga, but I haven't seen them in the past few years, have you?
    We have never seen swans on our Lake Michigamme, either..lots of geese and some loons, and ducks, but no swans. We saw Blue Herons too.
    I haven't gone to the Seney refuge..drove by it alot though. Maybe this summer I will grab my camera and take a hike there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retired One, thanks! I just wish they hadn't been so far off shore! We sometimes see swans flying over our campground in the spring but never had any land.

    You can drive, walk, bike or canoe through the refuge! You should go!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive