Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, March 02, 2009

MARCH IS IN LIKE A COLD, OLD LION

The cold weather continues. At least I have water this a.m. Dan got home from grooming about 4 a.m. and said the temp at the TASA barn was -20⁰. He said on the groomer it was -23⁰. We had -13⁰ here. The Weather Wizards do promise a warm up starting Thursday! I am waiting!

Dan got to “test drive” a new John Deere groomer last night. He took it on the Falls trails….and Jerry, TASA mechanic, had to bring Dan 16 gallons of fuel about 10 p.m. The groomer work shop was in the Soo Saturday.

This is where all the groomer manufacturers bring in their newest and bestest groomers to show all the clubs. The Deere was delivered yesterday for TASA to try out. Prez Bob called Dan in to take a drive with the sales rep. We will have the groomer for a couple of days. Bob is going to take it out for a spin this a.m. and groom the trail around town.

It has a very small fuel tank and burns about 5 gallons per hour. Dan didn’t like the drag, but he did like the tractor. Whether or not TASA will shift from New Holland will be up to the new board and members coming in….and whether or not TASA will qualify for a new groomer will be up to the State. That won’t be announced till fall.

Dan and I are having another get away this Thursday night, if all goes well. He has to be at the VA hospital in Iron Mountain (3 hours west of here) at 10:10 their time Friday morning. We would have to leave here about 6:30 OUR time to get there on time. There is a motel over there that works with the VA to provide rooms for Veterans that have this type of a situation…long drive, early appointment.

I don’t remember telling you, but Dan had his yearly check up with the VA Dr in Kincheloe a couple of weeks ago. Dan told him about all the problems he is having with his right knee replacement, how it has affected his back, hips, etc and that he can’t bend it very far. The Dr examined him and found that his right leg is now significantly shorter than his left (I told the Dr Dan walks lopsided and this explains it).

Like the Dr said, no amount of PT will take care of this, so we don’t know if it will mean more surgery or what. He has X-rays done Friday a.m. then sees the Orthopedist. They can’t do an MRI because of the artificial knee so possibly a scan will be done too. I hope we don’t have to make another trip back for that, but I doubt they could schedule it the same day if it isn’t already scheduled.

OH! I got my printer figured out! It WAS a piece of cake! Nothing to it! I just can’t get the hang of this keyboard though!

And I have become addicted to Mahjong Titans. It is a game that came with the computer. I had purchased Scrabble and have only played it twice! A figured playing a game would be a good way to get use to the touch pad…but the touch pad doesn’t work with Scrabble. I don’t know if it does with Titans or not. I haven’t quite figured out the scoring of this game, but it has been addicting!

I’ve got some updating to do on the Newberry Tourism website today, so I better get busy with other things! I was sent some photos from a person who had traveled in our area and he gave permission to use the photos on the NATA website. If you’ve never checked out www.newberrytourism.com, check it out later this week and go to the photo section. I HOPE I’ll find time to get them up either today or tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Aw, there is nothing better than a green tractor . LOL

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Steve, I KNOW you are partial to those green machines. It sure doesn't get very good milage for no harder than Dan was working it. I'm not even sure if Bob took it out this morning or not. I see it is parked outside the TASA barn, plugged in and there isn't any snow on it, so I don't think it went anyplace after Dan parked it IN the barn last night...except to go OUTSIDE the barn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive