Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

LET THERE BE DIRT! AND BIRDS!!



I guess these are pretty self explanatory, except maybe the bird who was playing peek a boo with me. It IS a red winged black bird.

I am asking for your help (you can post as comments or email me at northcountrycampground@gmail.com) in regards to these photos. I am posting them via my laptop where I did some editing via Picasa. The only other time I've posted photos from my laptop was a couple days ago and when I saw them by using my OLD computer, I thought the photo looked very dark (it was Let's Chew the Fat photo), but it didn't look that way via Vista and my laptop. So, please tell me on your end if any of these look dark and if you are viewing with Vista or XP (or something else for that matter).

For me, as I am writing this, they look very bright and clear via Vista...

thanks for the assistance!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing pictures. I'll be sure to show these to my hubby so he can all that snow you still have!
    The second pic looks dark, but the other two look fine. I know my laptop screen is darker than my desktop. I do most if not all of my photoshopping on my desktop monitor. It is bigger too so that helps.
    Pretty blue skies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...they all look ok, but the 2nd one is a tad darker than the other two...but the quality is very clear and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DVM's Wife and Retired One..on my lap top (which is where I cropped and did a little editing) they show up in good detail (like our truck for example, you can see it all...on my desktop monitor it is very dark). I want to try to get this figured out because when we head south next fall/winter it will be my laptop that I use for my photos. I can't seem to find a happy medium. Maybe what I need to do is try to make them a tad lighter when I use the laptop to edit photos and hopefully that way they will appear on my blog the way I want them too (they look great on my laptop on the blog and I had an email from a fella that uses Vista on his laptop and they look great on his too...ARRGGHHH!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:40 PM

    In the 2nd one the sky looks dark (like a storm is brewing), but I know the sun is shining because of the shadows. I'm using XP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, thanks. It looks that way to me too. Something I gotta try to work on so I appreciate your input!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive