Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HOW MANY?? THAT MANY!!

I had two emails that asked the same question, which made me realize I never even gave it a thought before now!

These two sledders wanted to know if I had any idea how many trail reports I had done in the past 10 years. If I count just the one site that I updated on (not counting the other two sites I've been doing for 3-5 years), it comes to roughly 1000 trail reports. That is just a guestimate because some days I would update twice per day and sometimes there was no need to update more than every other day (like this year for example).

I have kept copies of some of the trail reports, just basically to compare one year to another year in the same month or around the same date of a month. If I included the other two reports, I'd guestimate close to a total of 2000 trail reports. That is based on a hopeful average of 100 days of snowmobiling.

Maybe I should do a fishing report next! NO WAY!!! THAT can go 365 days per year! I could try to collect fish stories to share though!

5 comments:

  1. That is what I call dedication. Wow, that is a lot of reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, for the most part it was fun and I didn't really think of it as "time consuming". Dan and I have made a lot of good friends (most of whom we've never met!) via the trail reports and Dan grooming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:48 AM

    Kathy,
    I never met you in person but after reading your posts for the last
    couple of years I feel I have gotten to know you as a good friend. Everybody
    will miss you and Dan. Your honest reports will be second to none. But more
    importantly your and Dan's dedication to the sport of snowmobiling will be
    truly missed. As well as Pres Bob and his wife Judy. For every hour that the
    men give to the sport, is an hour away from you and Judy. (which might not
    be a bad thing, once in a while) LOL. So good luck in your adventure, hope
    you found a good motor home and may God's sunshine always be at your back. Jim in Chardon, OHio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim, thanks for the comments!

    We are really looking forward to our "downsouth" fall/winter next season.

    Be safe on the trails next winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Cathy,
    Although we have never rode our sleds around Newberry, You and the site you created and managed for years have been a link to snowmobiling for us. We live in southern Ohio, and after coming to the UP for years for vacations, we are finally going to move to Manistique next January. We started snowmobiling in 2000/2001 and soon after we were bitten the shear joy of riding our sleds. Even though we drive to the UP every month, (1200 miles roundtrip) what has made our winter trips and the fact that we are out of touch while here in Ohio bearable, has been your trail reports, your facts, info, and your Yooper Yarns. Even though we always ride the trails around Manistique, you have kept us connected even though we were'nt always there. I hope that all of the people that read your posts respond so that you can be thanked so graciously. I truly believe that you have a great number of followers that like us, that never really responded to your posts, but between trips to the UP who used your site to fiil the void of being away from riding, and maintain a connnection to the great sport of snowmobiling. My wife and I wish both of you the best.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive