Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, March 05, 2009

HAVE WE BECOME IMMUNE??

Yesterday morning, Dan asked me what the temp was. I told him it was -4 degrees. He said "That's not bad!" HA! It did seem relatively warm considering it had been in the -20's! This morning it is 30 above!!! Looks to be a nice 5 days headed our way! GREAT snowmobiling weather!

Are any of you VISTA users having any issues with a dial up box coming up when you switch from one website to another, even though you are connected wirelessly?? I can't figure out why this keeps happening. At first I thought it was just my blogger site but it is other sites as well. I've contacted my Guru and I'm keeping track of when this happens. It even happened the other day while checking email. I have been able to work around it, but it takes time. And this might not even be a VISTA problem but thought I'd see if any of you have experienced this. I've even tried completely shutting down my laptop...and no, I do NOT have it connected to a phone jack. I tested it the day after I got it home and made sure I had those connections correct and that is the last I have used dial up. Maybe I need to connect via a phone line again and see if it corrects itself afterwards.

Anyway, Dan and I will be leaving this afternoon for our big adventure in Iron Mountain...taking the camera with me. I can't get close to Lake Michigan anyplace to get any decent shots, but ya never know what you might see along the road...even an eagle feeding on a carcass can make an interesting shot (assuming we aren't cruising TOO fast!). I don't know whether to hope the orthopedist tells Dan he needs surgery or not. And I don't know if we'll even find that out tomorrow or if it will require another trip in case they need to do a CT scan.

Speaking of Lake Michigan, the Weather Wizards say that Lake Superior is almost completely frozen over. That hasn't happened in a long time.

Catch ya later and enjoy the weather! (If it DOES turn off colder, we have Dan to blame...he trimmed his beard pretty short yesterday!)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:37 AM

    The dial-up box is coming up because you have a virus or spyware on your system.

    It is trying to dial a long distance (might be "toll free") number that, once connected, will charge you $75.00 to $100.00 for the connect and then an outrageous fee for each minute thereafter.

    You need to get off of Vista too, it sucks, worst thing to be invented since taxes and death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, thanks for the tip but what I found out was all I needed to do was change my internet options. Lighthouse was listed as my default connection. Since unchecking that box, I haven't had any problems at all.

    I use a Norton 2009 Internet Security and haven't had any issues. I like it better than 2008 which is on my old computer.

    Could you please share with me what you don't like about Vista? So far I'm not having any problems with it and actually like the way things are set up. Maybe I just hvaen't had it long enough to figure out what the problems are??

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive