Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

DREAM WEAVER

Do you watch Dancing with the Stars? Cheryl Burke has always been my favorite dancer, followed by Julianne and her twin brother.

Wouldn’t it be something to move like that? Dance like that? HAVE A BODY LIKE THAT?? Did you see it last night? I was so pleased for Cheryl and her partner. They are the first ones to score a perfect 30 this season!! The Salsa they performed last week was VERY exciting…made me want to eat nachos at his feet!

Maybe that is what gave me bad dreams again last night. I don’t know what is up with my state of sleep. I thought sleep was a time to regroup, so to speak. If that is the case, then something is way off for me. The past two nights I have had horrible dreams but when I finally am able to wake up, I only remember bits and pieces of them. Last night had something to do with a Yorkie terrier, some lady I did not know (who owned the dog), rail road tracks and this lady’s grandmother whom I gathered was a real piece of work…kind of like the witch in Hansel and Gretel. I even remember Dan trying to wake me up by nudging me and saying “HEY!”, but I went right back to sleep and right back into this dream.

The night before, my dream centered around a house I’d never been in before and seeing something horrific in a closet that then was chasing me.

I don’t think even if I was able to remember these dreams that it would help me work anything out in my life….at least I HOPE not! I can’t think of anything I’m afraid of at the moment; nothing like that going on in my life.

I do have returning dreams of two kinds; headed up a bridge that has a very high middle and being scared to death there is nothing on the other side (I never make it to the middle of the bridge) and another one which is really hard to explain, but I’ll try. I’m riding on something similar to the tracks you see in OLD mines and I’m in one of the cars they used in the old mines. This track is out in the open and usually goes over water (some of it open and some of it with huge chunks of ice). The track has ups and downs, and sharp twists and turns (I LOVE roller coasters but I don’t think this has anything to do with that because it is so frightening. Coasters don’t scare me; they thrill me). I never seem to reach a destination, or if I do, when I wake up I don’t remember reaching a destination.

I have had one dream in my life that DID help me out of a bad place that I was in. About 5 years ago, a woman who had been what I considered my best friend since 3rd grade and I had a very bad “falling out”. We’d had tiffs before, but this was long lasting…but I couldn’t seem to get past it. I was continually thinking about her and I didn’t want to. The dispute was so bad that I did NOT want her in my life anymore, but still I couldn’t get past it.

One night I had a dream about her. I dreamed that we met in passing on a side street in the town where we both grew up. In my hand I had a cluster of brightly colored balloons. As we met on the sidewalk, I looked at her waiting to see if she’d say something and she didn’t. I let go of the balloons and kept on walking. Of course the balloons floated up into who knows where. The next morning I remembered that dream and realized I didn’t have those strong feelings about her or our friendship anymore.

Anyway, it was another short night for me. I’ve been awake since about 2:30 a.m. and managed to stay in bed till about 4. It always wakes Dan up when he realizes I’m not there, not matter how quiet I am. Once he realizes I’m gone, he has a hard time getting back to sleep.

I THINK WE NEED A VACATION FROM WINTER!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I've got 3 dream interpretation books. So, I will look up some of the symbolism and give you a detailed report back to help you out!
    (Maybe today or tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retired One...THAT would be great! At least I THINK it would be. Hope it doesn't turn out I've got some burning, perverted desire of some kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so here goes. Here is what the dream books said:

    Bridge=overcoming of difficulties. If you could see thru the bridge (holes in the bridge), it says you will suffer over loss of possessions or business dealings.

    Dog: if the dog was vicious=it means you may have enemies and ill fortune.
    If the dog was friendly=you will have gains and sincere friends and be successful in business

    Walking on Railroad tracks=you will meet with successful ventures.

    Closet=do not spend money carelessly or you could find yourself in bad economic status

    If you were running away from someone in the dream=you will achieve success and a higher position. If you fell during the chase=you will suffer loss of property and reputation.

    If you see ice floating=you will suffer through jealousy of friends.

    So, it appears the dream theme is about business: (either losses or gains) of posessions and/or success.

    BTW, in your old dream about balloons?
    It says balloons=signify hopes not realized. Can also mean failures in business,or temporary loss of business.

    So, there is that same silly theme again!!!!

    Does any of this make sense to you and your situation?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reitred One...glad there's no holes in my bridge! Just can't see beyond the hill. But I've had that dream even before we were in business for ourselves so not quite sure it fits...have to think on that one.

    The dog wasn't unfriendly. But I was concenred it was going to end up on the RR tracks!

    I didn't fall down from whatever came out of the closet and chased me, so that's good news!

    If all of this really does relate to our business, I can understand some of it and the way the dreams have been interpretted (sp??...too lazy to look it up!) it sounds like to our benefit! Thanks for going to all that trouble!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive