Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

DIRTY JOBS!

"DIRTY JOBS" TAPING SHOW IN SAULT STE. MARIE

A popular TV show will be filming in the U.P. today with host Mike Rowe planning to get his hands dirty as usual.

The Discovery Channel's Dirty Jobs is in Sault Ste. Marie taping a show at the Soo Locks.

The locks are currently undergoing scheduled winter maintenance and Mike is here to lend a hand.

In a press conference Tuesday afternoon, he told us he doesn't know what his exact job in the locks will be, but that's nothing out of the ordinary for him and his crew.

The Soo Locks segment will likely air during the next season of Dirty Jobs.

8 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like fun! I love that show!
    A friend of ours contacted that show to see if they would do a segment on bull testing, which means checking their fertility count. Anyway, Ike McTiver's herd came to mind..............My husband has tested his before and let's just say its a dirty job alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:47 AM

    when i saw the title of this post i thought it still had something to do with what happened on the tasa board. glad to see that wasn't the case! we saw the story on the mac bridge and island and that was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DVM...there are some VERY dirty "farm jobs"! I remember one time we had to pull a calf and my daughter,who was 4 at the time was in the barn with us. The cow was having a very hard time and we were afraid we'd loose her and the calf. When it was all over with, my little girl put her hands on her face and said "I'm so relieved that's over!" Hey, so was the mamma and calf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, that WAS a good show of the bridge and the Island! I'm sure this one of the locks will be too...especially being as darn cold as it is today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Dirty Jobs is so interesting, I've learned about things I didn't even imagine went on. Loved the show about Big Mac and the Island.

    I read your blog everyday. My husband was born and raised in Newberry. We will be coming up sometime this summer and plan to visit your campground.

    We were only "up north" one day last year so we didn't bring the motorhome but.....we are looking forward to this summer's trip.

    We stayed at your campground years ago and it is beautiful there.

    Keep warm.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy,
    I have a blog too and live in the U.P. We live on Lake Michigamme in a log home. Your name sounds so familiar...I might have met you thru my brother (who is retired from the DNR: his name is Jim Ekdahl?)
    Anyway, I joined your blog as a follower. If you care to drop by my blog and follow it,that would be great to have another Yooper join me.
    My site is called The Retirement Chronicles and is located at:
    http://www.myretirementchronicles.blogspot.com
    I have some photos of the U.P. and the lake on my slideshow and will be adding to them all the time.
    Nice to meet you and to begin reading your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Retired one...Thanks for joining and I WILL be sure to stop by your blog and check it out.

    I don't recognize your brothers name, but I am terrible with names.

    I look forward to checking out your blog in a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne, We enjoy the OUT TAKES of Dirty Jobs as much as we enjoy the show. He really is a great guy and can sing opera to boot!

    Thank you for the compliment on our park! We ARE very proud of it and we do think it is one of the prettiest places we've ever stayed (well, if we were camping here instead of living here! You know what I means!

    Hope to see ya this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive