Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, March 20, 2009

THE CHANGE

It appears that I went through "the change" unscathed! I mean my domain name transferred OK...as far as I can tell. Although I notice my slideshows aren't working right now; can you see them or is it just me??

I wish it wasn't just 1 degree above zero! AWESOME shots across the road! The sun is just coming up and the trees are covered in horefrost (guess that is the correct spelling!). I have to admit, following the few blogs that I do, you have made me want to have my camera around my neck all of the time! Like an extra appendage (course it is kind of intimidating to know one of my readers is a photography professor!! But he is kind!). I know you realize the shots I've been posting lately aren't anything special; nothing I've taken the time to 'set up', but I sure wish I dared walk out there this morning and get a couple of shots! Gives me hives just thinking about it!

Gotta get breakfast cooked for that man of mine!

And before I forget, I want to thank Retired One for the award! I just gotta figure out how to get it on my blog!

5 comments:

  1. Your slideshow is working just fine.
    I can't wait to see the horefrost photos....they are usually fantastic and I have been waiting to get some myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eyes wide open here!

    (slideshow works fine from here)

    ReplyDelete
  3. es, THERE you are!!! Must be your ears were burning! So when ya leaving da windy city behind and venturing up "dis way"?? And more importantly, will you be bringing the dogs???

    Dan saw an eagle perched in a tree by the Tahqua river (the bridge south of us a bit). We're seeing more eagles this year than eve before! Your property should be hopping with wildlife and photo opportunities soon! And soon ya won't need snowshoes to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we will be up in May. I would have love to go up this upcoming week because I have some free-time but have way too much to do at home in prep for spring. Crocuses are up here already! I am glad, however, that I snuck up in Jan to rake...make that shovel...the roof! In any case, be certain we (AND Lucy & Cooper) will pay a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. es, we received 2" of that stuff over night but spring is supposed to return next week. Dan said I have daffodils poking through the ground.

    Hope to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive