Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, February 23, 2009

WHO ARE YOU (WHO, WHO, WHO, WHO)?

I was on my new computer yesterday, trying out different bells and whistles. I opened up a program that was on my desk top. I can’t remember the name of it now, but at first it tried to connect to the Net and I clicked no. Then under THAT screen was another screen. Within that screen was a photo of this very ugly looking woman. I thought “Who in the hell is that and what is that ugly person doing here?”

I looked at the photo a little while longer and realized it was some sort of a video, so I figured it must be a demonstration of some kind for this program. She was moving so slowly. I thought it must be the video needed time to “catch up” with the open program.

While I was waiting for this video to finish loading, I got to looking around at the various tools on that program. I noticed every time I moved, this double chinned, ugly woman did too…IT WAS ME!! I’d turned on the webcam!

OMG!!!

After I got over the shock of how much I don’t look like myself (or at least the way I THOUGHT I looked) I laughed out loud!

Some of the other tools on there allowed me to “morph” myself. I checked to see if any of them had already been put to use because I just couldn’t believe that ugly person was ME! NOPE, none of those had been used, so what the heck! I couldn’t look much worse so I tried some of them out. What a HOOT! I didn’t think it was possible to make that woman on the screen look any worse, but I could! Just a click here or a click there! I could even make smoke come out of my head!

I can't wait to set Dan down at the computer and try this on him!

4 comments:

  1. That is too funny Cathy. As I get older, that happens to me. I see myself in a mirror in a store and think that looks like my mom or sometimes my grandma. It is scary because I don't feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! I don't feel old and when I look in the mirror, I don't think I look as bad as that person who appeared on my computer screen! That person DID look like my mother! SCARY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:51 PM

    This is pee your pants funny! Thanks for not being afraid to share! HA! I've seen ya and you don't look like some ugly old woman! Can't say if you look like yo ur mom or not!

    Lisa, Engadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, THAT is exactly what my girlfriend downstate said (plus choking on her coffee!) Not only does the camera add 10 pounds to ya, but it adds UGLY to ya as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive