Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

NUTTIN MUCH

About the photos I posted yesterday…the only one that I ventured outside to take was the one of the cedar tree (I believe it is the last one showing in that post). The 3 other photos were taken from INSIDE! All of the photos I’ve shared with you this winter were taken from the comfort and warmth of my home…the purple toes and hive thing ya know.

We’re supposed to get up to 47° today. Thursday it is expected to return to more winter like weather. There are no grooming operations going on in TASA land while it is this warm. It rained during the night and then froze. Lots of schools in the area are closed.

I feel really stupid having to ask you this question. I will be getting my first lap top next week (as we discussed in an earlier post) and have a question regarding Wi-Fi and hot spots. If you can find a hot spot, do you have to have some kind of a subscription with a provider or is it just a matter of hopping online? I know I need to have an ISP on the chance that I need to connect via dial up. I am clueless about the Wi-Fi. You can email me at northcountrycampground@gmail.com with any info. And I’m getting more RAM added to my desktop computer and praying that this one lasts me a couple more years!

Since Dan didn’t have to groom last night and obviously won’t be grooming tonight, we actually have a day we can enjoy the company of some friends. We’re meeting for breakfast at Timber Charlie’s in Newberry. I usually get the farmer’s omelet and I can make almost 3 meals out of it. THEY ARE HUGE! But I’ve got 3 hours to kill before we meet them and I’ve been awake since 2:45 and up since 3:45. Dan is still sleeping…can’t you hear him snoring?? Oh, I forgot, he doesn’t snore….

My purple toes were itching so badly that I had to get up. It isn’t the same type of itch that I get from hives, but more like the itch you get when something is healing. And I really didn’t dare itch them because THAT HURT! I could gently rub them and get some relief but then I was disturbing Dan’s slumber. So, I got up, made a “foot bath” of Epsom salts and hot water and soaked for a while. After that, I remembered someone suggesting that I put lots of lotion on my toes to help with circulation. I didn’t know if it would help but it couldn’t hurt, right? I even did one better than that. I used bag balm. I’ll smell really good at breakfast!

I let that “absorb” for about 10 minutes, then gently pulled my heavy socks on. It did seem to help. About 30 minutes later I figured I might as well take my shower and get dressed and add some more bag balm to my toes.

DO NOT GET INTO THE SHOWER WITH BAG BALM ON YOUR TOES! It was very slippery stepping in, even with the adhesive non slip strips on the shower floor. I wasn’t expecting that, which was dumb on my part. I just didn’t even think about it.

You can tell my morning is pretty boring when I’m rambling on about bag balm and slippery showers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive