Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, February 01, 2009

JUST A SUNDAY MORNING RAMBLE

Our background check has been performed and I’m glad to say we are, and I quote, “Clean as a whistle”. In case you want to know where THAT phrase came from, go here; Clean as a whistle

Anyway, our positions with the Army Corp of Engineers required a background check prior to getting the positions. We got the word a couple of days ago that everything was OK! I didn’t have any doubt that there would be a problem, but it’s always nice to have another opinion! We just don’t know yet which lake we will be at once we arrive in Texas. The person we’ve been “dealing with” will get that ball rolling in a month or so.

LAST NIGHT WAS THE FIRST NIGHT IN ALL OF JANUARY THAT WE DID NOT HAVE TO LEAVE CUPBOARD DOORS OPEN UNDER SINKS!! It was in the 20’s all night (well, as far as I can tell). About 5 p.m. last night it was getting a bit foggy and by the time our guests arrived it had started to rain a bit. That didn’t affect the trails at all; if anything it just made them better. Our local Weather Wizard assures us that we are out of the deep freeze and headed for more normal temperatures. I do believe this is the first January in AGES that we didn’t have a January thaw.

The photos I’ve posted at the bottom are things I USE to do when I was bored. I must have made about 30 of the bird houses (all different) one season and gave them away as gifts. I haven’t made any since then! (I got started doing these as a result of trying to save $48.00. I saw a similar bird house in a local gift shop and it was $48. I decided I could make my own!) The shot of our kitchen cupboards even has unique painting on the OTHER side of the doors. When I was painting the back side of the doors to cover up the color of the wood, I was sitting on the floor with the doors. Old Dutch, one of our long gone dogs, walked right across the fresh paint and left foot prints. I decided not to paint over those foot prints. After all, the idea was to make them look primitive! The painting of the deer was something I had done in my much younger days. I found this painting in my Mom’s attic last time we were downstate visiting and decided to ‘rescue’ it. I’ve given all my paints and brushes to my daughter….I haven’t enjoyed even trying to paint in the last several years. That includes painting with a roller or a brush, or painting ceilings and walls!

There is a beautiful sunrise happening right now. The sky is a hot pink/reddish color. Having my office windows face the east does have advantages! Hope your view is just as pretty!

Take care!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive