Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

IS THE END OF WINTER IN SIGHT???

We are in another winter weather advisory. The Weather Wizards predict 1-4" of wet snow, but the Weather Weenies say we could get 8-12" of snow. ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!! I know, it is good for business....

We're going broke feeding birds this winter. Most likely with us being gone next fall/winter we'll save about $500 just in NOT buying cracked corn, sunflower seed and thistle. That will pay for our fuel down south and back (well, unless those rates sky rocket again).

We are supposed to go to Escanaba Friday to get our 5th wheel hitch put in the truck, but with this weather coming on, we may not be making that trip.

So with that in mind;

A WINTER STATISTIC ... 98% OF AMERICANS SAY 'OH SH*T' BEFORE GOING IN THE DITCH OFF A SLIPPERY ROAD. THE OTHER 2% ARE FROM OHIO AND THEY SAY, 'HOLD MY BEER, I'M GONNA TRY SOMETHIN' HERE.'

(That is for our 3 Nuts from Ohio! YOU know who you are!!)

4 comments:

  1. Donaldc8:01 AM

    Hi Cathy,It's Don from Texas. Well to make you feel better I saw about 100 buzzards in one group yesterday I think they are heading for Hinckley Ohio,kind of like the swallows to Capistrono (sp) Yard hasn't been filled with robins yet but will let you know when they come! By the way it's gong to be 80 today.....couldn't help myself sorry,it's only a 2 day drive here,should I get the hook up ready??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donald C, Hey, I just emailed a gal in Texas this a.m! IT wasn't about buzzards or your gorgeous weather, but about our position there in February 2010.

    Another reader emailed me a photo of robins in their yard yesterday...26 robins...also in Ohio! Our birds are singing spring songs and the crows are gathering twigs for nests!

    I WISH I could tell you to get the hook up ready (BTW, DO we know each other??? I'm going to be embarrased if you tell me that you spend every summer here with us or something along those lines!)but we're gearing up for spring and summer. Fortunately, UNLESS THINGS CHANGE, we start out the season with a caravan coming to stay with us one night in May!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donaldc8:15 AM

    Hi Cathy, I don't think we have met but I drive by on my motorcycle alot you know it's the blue HD LOL. We spend the 6 months in Grand Marais and 6 here in Texas. I just remember how it is this time of the year there had about enough winter and need a break.I started following your site during the sleeper lake fire as it was the best way to keep up with what was going on. My brother lives about 30 miles from there and was a little concerned. Well hope you have fun way down south LOL and remember it takes about 5 mins. to get the hook up ready! Don :-{)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!!!THE BLUE HARLEY!! That does narrow it down!

    I hope I never have to update another fire. IT was a learning process for all of us! Now we know what people out west go thru!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive