Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

SNOWMOBILE TRAIL SAFETY


I have been asked by one of our snowmobiling readers to help make you aware of a new device being used in the snowmobiling world.

It is Communication Safety Systems. Please go to http://www.communicationsafetysystem.com/home.php for information.

The person who requested my assistance in making others aware has installed them on their sleds. He has a 12 year old riding on his own sled this year and wants him to keep both hands on the handle bars at all times and also another good reason was for his wife saying that she is not comfortable when it is rough to take her hand off the handle bar to let oncoming riders know that there are more sleds in our group behind her.

The following is a direct quote from his email:

“We just got back from spending the weekend riding in your area (trails were great as always) and meeting oncoming riders. I got the feeling that the riders have no idea what the yellow or green lights are about, so I went back to the hand signal myself. I tried to inform riders on other forums, but it seems that no one had any interest in what they are for. I know you are well respected in the snowmobile sport and I guess that is why I am asking for your help to spread the information to other clubs and web sites. I do believe that MSA did sell them last year.. I think it is a way to make the sport a little safer. I would also like to see a reflective decal of a distinguished color put on the back of a helmet to let riders know, that when they are passing, the helmet with a bright green or orange sticker on it that they are young new rider’s and give them a little more respect and be more cautious. Thanks to you and all the volunteers that give up their personal time to the sport. I just wish I lived closer to help” From Steve and Angie Rausch.

This is valuable information and Steve has a good idea with the bright stickers to let riders know they are passing a young or new rider. SAFETY HAS GOT TO COME FIRST ON THE TRAILS.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive