Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

OBITUARY FOR MY GOOD FRIEND, MR. BEACH

With a great emptiness in my mug, I must report to you the demise of Mr. Hamilton Beach (AKA Brew Station).

Mr. Hamilton Beach has been a faithful friend and early morning companion for many years. Today his light went out forever. I could tell he hadn’t been as perky lately, but his death came without warning and I am left alone, with an empty coffee mug (and a terrible twitch in my right eye and unexplainable shakiness in my hands).

He is survived by MRS. Hamilton Beach (AKA Brew Station) who will be making an appearance in our kitchen later today (currently she is out in the store room and is unavailable for comment. The only way I will be able to console her is to put her to work first thing tomorrow morning, so she has this day off to mourn). Others who are currently standing unwavering in this catastrophe include several coffee filters, a coffee measuring scoop, Mr. Maxwell House and of course The Mug.

Entombment will be this afternoon and will take place at the Waste Management dumpster. I don’t even have any fresh coffee grounds to sprinkle over his remains. There is only one song that will be sung in Mr. Beach’s honor…that old song by Irving Berlin…’LET’S HAVE ANOTHER CUP OF COFFEE’.

Just around the corner,
there's a rainbow in the sky,
So let's have another cup of coffee,
and let's have another piece of pie.

Please send any bequests to the Juan Valdez Mountain Mule Memorial.

You will have to excuse my emotions but currently I am so wound up (WOUND UP??? THAT’S putting it mildly! I could grind coffee beans in my mouth right now!!! And I’m currently writing this post with my feet!!) I could forgo my shoes, wrap my feet in barb wire for traction to walk across our slippery driveway to get to the storeroom and put Mrs. Beach to work! I NEEEEEEED COFFEEEEE!!!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:19 PM

    THIS IS A HOOT! HA! Hope you have your coffee soon! James, Battle Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:57 PM

    Haha I LOVE this. I experienced this same thing earlier this week. McDonald's has been my best friend since that time ... in the process of finding a decently priced one ... ~Caffeinated in West Branch, MI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous 1. Dan was so very willing to go out to the store room and get the other "machine" because he felt I was a wee out of sorts this a.m. By the time he got around though I was out of the coffee mood (that's another story for another time).

    Anonymous 2. I didn't purchase either one of these Beach Brew Stations! The one that died was given to me by a friend several years ago and the "new" one is one that a tent camping guest left behind and didn't call about...BRAND NEW CONDITION! We've held on to it for 4 years so I guess it is ours now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive