Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, January 30, 2009

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

You should all be very proud of me. I haven’t gone on and on about what Dan and I will be doing this fall. You DO know though, as the time gets closer, I most likely will be going on and on about it!

I’m trying to think of other things too look forward to between now and mid October.

For instance;

There is 61 days till the Tahquamenon Area Snowmobile Association election of officers. Since I will not be running for office this year, I can’t say that this is something I’m looking forward to, but it will be an “event” in my life. It will seem very strange turning over everything to someone else. I’ve been TASA Secretary for 9 years and have been updating the trail report for a bit over 10 years…yes, it will be strange not having that involvement. I will miss the direct interaction with all the snowmobilers too.

It is 100 days till we open the campground and lodging (which IS currently open) for business again. We will be closing our lodging at the end of snowmobile season or when it warms up enough that one can’t drive in and out of here without tearing up the driveway…which ever comes first. With the cold temps we’ve had FOREVER I don’t see that happening right away!

It is about 100 days till the first hummingbird arrives at our home. THAT is something we always look forward too! Sometimes one shows up by May 5th, other times it isn’t till May 15th.

And there are 106 days till Cedar Point opens for the season….I use to get very excited about that, but now that we live 481 miles away and I rarely get there anymore, kind of hard to get excited. I think 2002 was the last time we were there. I’ve still got one of my season passes from when we lived downstate and it was a 3 hour trip for me to get there! I liked my photo on the pass, so I kept it.

AND THERE IS 262 DAYS TILL WE LEAVE FOR ALLIGATOR RIVER NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE! We’re developing a list of things we will need to take; things we wouldn’t ordinarily take if it was just going to be a vacation. But since we’ll be gone close to 6 months, it’ll be a different way of “traveling”.

Now, for your women or any Drs that are out there, I’ve got a question for you….and you can email me any info at northcountrycampground@gmail.com Is anyone on any medication for osteoporosis? My bone density test of 3 months ago shows that I have osteopenia and my Dr wants me to start osteoporosis medication and gave me a list of ones to pick from. (I’ve been putting it off, can you tell?) All of them have possible side effects that I don’t want to deal with. It doesn’t matter that I take Calcium Citrate with Vit D and try to drink between 10-24 ounces of skim milk per day; that isn’t enough. Part of my bone problem is due to the fact (so I’m told) that I basically have no white blood cells (and no HRT). So anyone out there have any experience(s) with the meds you could share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive