Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

DOWNSTATE SNOWMOBILER DEATH

West Michigan snowmobiler killed in collision with tractor plowing snow
by Grand Rapids Press
Sunday January 11, 2009, 11:21 AM

ALLEGAN COUNTY-- A 49-year-old Dorr Township man was killed in a snowmobile crash with a tractor Saturday night, said the Allegan County Sheriff's Department.

Police said they responded to a crash about 10:40 p.m. in Dorr Township on 20th Street and 136th Avenue. Police said a 75-year-old person had been plowing snow and backed into the roadway.

A snowmobile crashed with the tractor on the roadway. Its driver was found by police underneath the tractor and was pronounced dead at the scene. His name is being withheld pending notification of family members.

A second snowmobile, driven by a 38-year-old Dorr Township woman, had been following the other snowmobile and attempted to avoid the crash. Police believe the second snowmobile hit the tractor, causing the driver and a 28-year-old Dorr Township male passenger to be thrown from the snowmobile.

Neither the occupants of the second snowmobile nor the tractor's driver received serious injuries in the accident, which remains under investigation.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    We had a great time up north and passed your place on our way through Friday. Sure you really want to leave the area? Hmm, let me ask you that after this week. Sounds like an extrememly cold week coming for you guys. Ugh.
    Quite a turnout of dog sledders up at Rainbow Lodge. Perfect weather for it. It was beautiful up there. So much snow! Camp 33 Brewery seemed quiet and Paradise too. I guess next weekend will be busier with the 3 day holiday weekend. I know your area is counting on some snowmobilers to fuel its economy.
    Thanks for stopping by. I'll be posting pics of our weekend in the next days. I'm sure you'll recognize some of the areas!
    Take care!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I really like the layout of your blog. I didn't get a chance to "explore" it. I may try to enhance my blog a bit more..when time and patience allows!

    The previous week and weekend Camp 33 was fairly busy. There was a poker run out of St. Ignace on Saturday so we were concerned how the south trail faired. Dan groomed the south trail yesterday (well 15 hours any way) and said that he was told there was only 20 sleds participated. THAT tells a lot right there.

    I'm NOT looking forward to the -16 degree temps for this week.

    Send me a shout at ccelementz@lighthouse.net when you get more shots up (in case I don't get back on your site right away).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive