Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

BUYER BEWARE!

You’ve probably seen that weird guy on TV; the guy with the huge headset, cleaning up spilled pop, wiping water off from the counter, allowing a barefooted woman to step out of the shower and onto this wonderful new SHAMWOW! You’ve seen all the satisfied customers they have interviewed; you know the ones…the spur of the moment interviews that have not been set up, the people have not been coached as to what to say (even though they appear to be at a flea market and had JUST purchased the SHAMWOW, they have such a glowing opinion about the thing…where did they use it if they just bought it??). Cars being wiped down, RV’s and boats being dried off….”are you following me, camera guy?”

Dan and I had considered making a purchase of one of these miracle rags. After my disappointment in that feed bag of a purse (As Seen on TV), I thought I’d research this a bit more. I realize it is only $19.95 plus S&H…the S&H scares me sometimes.

Let me direct you to the reviews on this product;
http://www.infomercialratings.com/product/shamwow_reviews

I had to actually laugh out loud at some of the comments. A lot of people used symbols for swear words. Two of the reviews I read included shipping charges in excess of $30!! And just like with that feed bag I ordered, there was no way to contact anyone to return the product.

When you get to that website, there is a link at the top that says RATINGS A TO Z..click on that and you can get ratings of ALL the things you see advertised on the TV…even that damn Buxton bag! You may have to scroll down through the alphabetical list to find what you are looking for, but I’ll get you whatever it is you are trying to find IS there! GOOD TO KNOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive