Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

WHAT A SURPRISE!

Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when I was in search of the Dr who was trying to develop a cure for cold urticaria?? There had been a short news clip on CNN about it and you all were helping me try to find out about it. I think I told you that I found his name and address and sent him a letter.

HE CALLED ME TODAY!!!

First off he told me he HAD to call because he was a Yooper! He was born in Escanaba and had even lived in Ontanogon (over closer to Copper Harbor area)!

He then explained a bit about the research he is doing and the drug that he is using to try to cure this condition. It is called Xolair. I haven't done a search on it yet because I've been too excited about the phone call and the possibility of a cure! In the meantime, he suggested that I try 180MG of Allegra in the morning and 40 mg of Pepcid at night. The Dr explained to me how this works but it didn't stick with me. And at least the Pepcid will help with heart burn!

Even though it is only about 19 degrees today, the air is dry so hives aren't an issue for me today(as long as I stay inside and continue to wear two pair of socks and my gloves!). I told him that when it is damp THAT is when I have my worst outbreaks.

So, when I go to town next week, I'll have to get some Allegra and Pepcid and give it a try!

Again, thanks for your help in getting the information!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive