Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WHAT CHA' GONNA DO?

I've gotten a lot of emails this a.m. congratulating Dan and I for our winter goal of heading south next season and the main question is (and I'm copying this from just a couple of the emails):

"Going south next year? Who is going to keep all of us trolls informed on what's happening in the UP...."

"CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND DAN! You deserve a break, but who is going to do the trail report?"

As far as keeping anyone informed on what is happening in the U.P., I will try to keep up on that info and post it on Yooper Yarns. We'll keep our subscription to the Newberry News, as well as keeping in touch with friends in the area. Hey, we want to know what is going on in da U.P. too!

I have talked with one of the board members/directors of the Newberry Chamber and the Newberry Tourism Association and they don't have a problem with me continuing to update those two websites. MY hope is that Dan and I will be someplace with high speed Internet connection and we will be basing part of our decision on where we end up ON that need.

As far as the trail reports; that has yet to be decided. TASA has a self maintained website, which means that I can go in and create pages, add photos (after re-sizing them if need be), change the layout, the verbiage and obviously update the trail report. In the past, TASA Secretarial duties did not include maintaining a website. So, I'm not sure what will happen with that. MY feeling is if someone wants to take over the maintenance of the TASA website, they need to be fairly computer literate and have time on their hands (especially if they don't have high speed Internet), be prepared to respond professionally and politely to a lot of various emails and phone calls as a result of the website and/or trail report. But again, this is not technically part of the secretarial duties. It does not mean that whomever is the next Secretary should be expected or required to do this. I would also hope that whomever is Secretary could continue the winter TASA newsletter, TASA TALK.

As far as the other two trail reports that I do; those truly aren't connected to TASA other than they contain the trail report. The other reports are at http://www.michiweb.com/ (this is the one that gets emailed out as well as being available online) and http://www.upsnowmobiling.com/. It will be up to the owners of these sites as to what they want to do.

As long as Dan and I can end up someplace where I have high speed Internet connection (hopefully Wi-Fi) and if I am asked to continue to do the reports, I will attempt to keep on top of it. Basically it would just require the same thing I'm doing now; call Prez Bob and get the update and go from there.

So, I don't have a specific answer for you as to how this will all work out. Time will tell.

And thanks for all the emails and posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive