Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

NUTTIN' MUCH

I’m a take charge kind of person. Today I’ve been trying to take charge of my purple toes. The past two days, I’ve been soaking my feet in warm water and Epsom salts hoping it would help.

Last night, I had to go pick Dan up at the groomer barn when he got back from his 9 hour run. I can’t drive the truck with my (clunky) winter boots on so I had to go out in my shoes. It was 9° outside and I think the truck finally got warmed up about 1/16th of a mile from our driveway…as we were heading back. So my toes got very cold again last night.

This morning, I put on my glittery silver NASA sock liners, put my hunting socks over them and THEN put on my winter boots (guaranteed to keep your feet warm to -40°; yeah, right). I can’t get my orthotics inside the boots so today I also have to be careful to be OFF my feet. My feet actually ARE warm and so are my toes….but it isn’t -40° in our house. I’m hoping tonight when I get ready for bed and look at my toes that they look better.

But I've been trying this afternoon to keep my toes and nose warm by baking some holiday cookies. I thought I'd share the recipe with you.

ParDON mY tyPIng. Ya'LL hAvE to reAd iT THe bEst yoU Can! eNNjoY!

CHERRY MISTMAS COOKIES
You will need the following:
1 cup of water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup or brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup nuts
2 cups of dried fruit
1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila

Sample the Cuervo to check quality. Take a large bowl,check the Cuervo again, to be sure it is of the highest quality,pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butterin a large fluffy bowl.

Add one peastoon of sugar. Beat again. At this pointit's best to make sure the Cuervo is still ok, try anothercup just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.Pick the frigging fruit off the floor. Mix on the turner.

If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaters just pryit loose with a drewscriver. Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who geevesa sheet. Check the Jose Cuervo. Add one table.

Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you canfind.

Greash the oven.
Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fallover.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish theCose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the wishdasher.
Cherry Mistmas !

2 comments:

  1. Gary, Battle Creek11:14 PM

    LOL, now that's my kind of baking! Great recipe, think I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, I'm trying to come up with a frosting recipe. I think it will have cream of coconut, confectioners sugar and vodka....once it is mixed together, call me to like the bowl and beaters (please "mix off turner first".)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive