Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, December 01, 2008

JINGLE BELLS, LET IT SNOW,

Today is December 1st! And you know what that means, right?? It means if you still haven’t eaten or frozen that turkey, ya better throw it out!

Actually what it symbolizes is the smell of a two stroke…ah…the snowmobile fumes in the air. SNOWMOBILE SEASON STARTS TODAY!!!! And to get things started, we are in a winter weather advisory. TASA is going to hold off a couple of days before starting to groom, but Grand Marais is out laying their trail(s). I think possibly Paradise might be too, but not sure. Just don’t forget that if you come to a closed gate, DO NOT GO AROUND IT!!! That is private property and that portion of the trail will not open until after muzzle loading season.

Dan is out working for TASA someplace, replacing posts and signs that ATV riders DROVE RIGHT OVER!!! WHAT DO they get out of destroying those signs???

This really is the first time that I have been alone since 1985. Dan and I always had a dog in the house, so even if Dan was out working away from our business, I had companionship. Winter will be a very hard reminder of not having any of our pets with us. I especially miss them both this time of year and I don’t know why it is so much worse now. It will have been a year January 12th that we had to put little Chewy to sleep, but at least I had Nick to keep me company the rest of the winter while Dan was grooming trails. And it will be hard for Dan too because no matter what time of the day or night that Dan would come home, as soon as Nick heard his Dad’s truck drive in, Nick was at the door stomping his feet and going “woo-woo” as only a Husky can do. I may have to pick up where Nick left off; meet Dan at the door, stomp my feet and go “woo-woo”….Maybe Dan would scratch me behind the ear and give me a pat on the head.

Did ya have a good Thanksgiving? Get home safely? It was wonderful having my daughter and her boyfriend with us; they try to come up every Thanksgiving. I’m kind of glad they did leave Saturday instead of Sunday because the drive home was much easier on Saturday. WE all ate too much and suffered greatly from triptopan and pie-o-pan, but I figure if we only do this once a year, how bad can it really be (other than the heartburn)?? I know the health nuts and probably the Surgeon General’s office tell you that you can only have 2 ounces of this and not even a sliver of pie, but seriously, if you are fairly good the rest of the year, can it be that bad for ya??? And don’t we all put the fat free Cool Whip on our pie?? That has to count for something! I even use fat free sweetened condensed milk to make my pumpkin pie. So I DO try!

Well, you die hard sledders, please keep in mind that Dan and I have openings for lodging this winter. You can check us out at http://www.northcountrycampground.com/. Once there, click on the lodging link so you can see our Little Lodge and Cozy Cabins! You can also check out the trail report on our website.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that, YES, the Groomers are out working in Paradise. I heard the familiar sound so I got up and looked outside and there it was across the road!

    Now we are just waiting to see if we get that 1 to 2 feet of snow that they are predicting between now and Friday. Doubtful, but ya never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am supposed to drive a friend to Petoskey tomorrow for a Dr appointment. I've been trying to convince her to change her appointment due to the weahter we are supposed to get. I'm hoping she does change her mind on her own because if it gets too bad, I won't be driving her. Time to check out the road report!

    Thanks for the news about Paradise!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive