Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, December 08, 2008

I've made one batch of Amish sugar cookies and they are cooling before we frost them. Yep, I said WE. Dan actually helps with that! I think it has something to do with the fact he has control over how much frosting goes on the cookies he frosts...that and he can lick the bowl if anything is left over.

When the kids were still at home, even in their teen years, we made a double batch of Amish sugar cookies and the kids did the cutting out and frosting of the cookies. What a mess was made, but what good memories I have.

You may remember the post I titled "A huntin' He Will Go". Mike from Bay City left a message on that post in regards to those polar fleece long underwear. He left another message this a.m. on that same post. If ya have time, go back and read it. I think these are now his lucky undies!

And maybe you remember the New Balance shoe issue I had a couple of months ago; the one where NB decided they would no longer make the Country Walker and the one to take it's place is a new shoe; a hot to trot new shoe. Water proof, Gortex lined and with the rollbar (for overpronation problems). You may also remember that I had to order a whole size larger than I have taken all my life (I finally found out others had the same issue). After having this shoe for a couple of months now, I can assure you I will never buy it again and I will NOT recommend it to others. It IS a wonderful shoe for support; I'll give it that. I could not beleive how cold my feet and especially my toes have been lately IN THIS GORTEX LINED SHOE..SITTING IN MY OWN LIVING ROOM. It wasn't that I was outside walking around but just in the house. I now have two purple toes (you know I have the hives/cold digit problem) because my feet/toes have gotten so cold in these shoes. How do I know it was these shoes??? I know because last night I transferred my supports to my summer walking shoes. I've had them on since 6 a.m. and I do NOT have cold feet or toes (well not any colder than what is normal for me). I can't figure out how those Gortex lined shoes could be so cold! DON'T BUY THEM IF YOU ALREADY HAVE COLD FEET AND TOES.

Hey, as far as the Yooper definitions; they take up WAY too much room on here so if you really want to read them, you can do a Google search and probably come up with most of them. So, I'm not posting any more of them. Now I am in search of NEW Zen Thought For The Day to put on the snowmobile trail reports. I've got a few left that I haven't used over the years, but pickings is getting slim!

Not much else going on in Yooper land, other than more snow and lack of sun!

Have a great day, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:24 PM

    Cathy Goretex is just a waterproof membrane to allow perspiration to escape. It doesn't do much if anything for insulating. I think perhaps you're thinking of Thinsulate which is 3M's trademarked insulation. Don't know of anybody that makes a walking shoe with Thinsulate but its possible. Good Luck, Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, you are probably right! I was thinking this was good insulating material. And if my feet ever did sweat, I'd have a party to celebrate!

    Thanks for taking the time to post this info. I DO appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive