Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, December 05, 2008

GROOMING TIME IS HERE!

You can tell it is the start of snowmobile season! All I have done since about 9 a.m. is respond to emails! I’m glad I got the 3 trail reports updated by 8:15 a.m! And I’m still trying to get the snowplowing bids for the staging area at CR 416/CR407 in line so the DNR can approve it and we can start plowing up there.

It got down right cold last night! The thermometer registered 7° above when I got up to make coffee at 5:00 a.m. It hasn’t even made it to the teens yet! And it is almost 11 a.m! There is LOTS of snow in our forecast for the next several days!

Anyway, Groomer Dan (my hubby) and Groomer Stan headed out early a.m. to groom the north trail (no, we don’t normally try to send out guys at the same time whose names rhyme…it just worked out that way!). Due to the fact it is still muzzle loading season, they had to drive both groomers down the road to 3 Mile staging area and go from there. There’s a LOT of snow out in the woods, but the main reason for taking two groomers (other than packing the snow real well) is because there most likely will be trees and limbs that will need to be cut off/out. It just makes it easier and safer with two dealing with it.

TASA Treasurer Judy Brown has volunteered to do the Newberry area trail report on the MSA website. That can be found at www.msasnow.org; just look for the trail report link and the rest is easy to find. Thanks Judy!

I’ve sent one of the camera’s with Dan so if he has time, hopefully he can get a few photos for me to post on the various trail report areas. This is the first sunny day we’ve had in ages, so it’ll be good for photos!

Now that Dan is grooming again, he thinks I should spend my spare time making cookies for his lunch box. Since we never know if he’ll be out for 8 hours or 17 hours, I always try to pack enough to last him should it be the long stretch. I can’t convince him it is hard to make cookies when he isn’t here to answer the phone. It seems that the phone does not ring until I start mixing up cookie dough or have them in the oven.

That’s about all that is going on in our neck of “da U.P”! And with that “da” in that sentence, I found that I need to explain why I sometimes use da instead of THE. Da reason is because a lot of da people who live in da U.P. are Finlanders and they have a slight accent. I think what I need to do is furnish you with the Yooper dictionary. Maybe if I find time today, I can copy that here for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive