Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

ELECTRIC SOCKS

I forgot to mention in my previous post, my downstate best friend said I should get electric socks. (BTW, I HAVE had the battery operated socks before and I didn't have much success. Maybe they have improved them over the last 15 years). She mentioned this after I told her I was wearing my winter boots in the house today.

I emailed back and told her that it might not be a good idea for me to try electric anything.

I have been generating so much electricity today that when I touched the light switch in the laundry room, it SSSSNAPPPED! And the carbon monoxide detector that is plugged in the outlet on the same switch chirped at me! Later I went to the kitchen to refill my water jug and I had hardly even touched the faucet and it SSSSNAPPED at me too. It must be the fact that I've got these boots and various socks on causing me to have my own little power house. I have enough current in me that I could probably power our home for an hour or two. My hair looks like it was cut by good old Albert Einstein. THE SOUTH KEEPS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER TO ME!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Gary, Battle Creek11:17 PM

    Good luck on that southern trip thing. As for me, I wanna move UP there !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, maybe you could house sit for us in the winter months??? It'd save us having to close everything up and drain it all!

    I am TIRED of being a houseplant. I really would like to be outside once in a while (well, when it warms up again...at least above the teens). I feel guilty that everything is falling on Dan's "to do list" this winter from shoveling to feeding or watering the birds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive