Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

DO I HAVE AN OBSESSION?

I've got to share with you a couple of questions I've received by email.

Some of my readers asked why I felt it was important to tell ya how clean the bathhouses at the campgrounds were. Those of you who camp KNOW why but I realize not everyone camps. The best way I can explain it for our non-campers; imagine checking into a motel only to find out the bathroom was dirty...would you like that?

One thing campers always check out when looking at campground ratings (assuming they have a campground directory) IS the rating on the cleanliness of the bathhouse. Lots of times we have people who arrive and before they decide if they are going to stay with us or not, they ask if they can check out the park....I know what they really want to know is if our bathhouse meets their expectations. I give them a map, point out the various type of campsites and ENCOURAGE them to stop by and check out the bathhouse and laundry facility.

So that is why I always mentioned about the bathhouses at the various campgrounds. I'm not obsessed with plumbing, honest. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive