Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, October 02, 2008

POLITICS AND PHOTOS

My head is out of the sand. From what I gather this a.m. the Senate passed the bill, so now it is up to Congress. I truly don’t know how I feel about all of this. I had trouble with economics in school; totally got lost in some areas. But when the name of National City was mentioned the other day, I sat up and took real notice. THAT is where MY pension is! And nothing I can do about it.

And what about the VP candidate debate tonight? The “moderator” has written a book about Obama’s life?? Suppose she will be able to remain “fair”?? I guess I’ll have to watch and see…and then maybe go bury my head again.

Dan and I had to go to Iron Mountain yesterday so he could have his eye vision test and get glasses ordered. He was able to do this through the VA.

I took my trusty little camera with me hoping to get some fall color shots for the Eastern U.P. fall color report. We left in the dark and by the time it got anywhere near being daylight, we weren’t really in the Eastern U.P. anymore…and the colors weren’t that pretty over by Escanaba and beyond (not till we got closer to Iron Mountain).

This photo obviously is not of trees and it was taken pretty early in the a.m. Hopefully you can see the freighter on the left hand side and can also see the “head of steam’ coming out of her. You all know I’ve been in search of the perfect camera and I DO know the one I would like to have, but in the mean time I think I’d be happy with a good digital point and shoot with a NICE TELEPHOTO feature! Any suggestions??


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture Cathy. I don't know whether to watch the debate or not. I think the deck may be stacked against Palin before she even starts but we'll see if she can hold her own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 AM

    Cathy, Such beautiful colors in this picture. I will try to watch the debate, with an open mind. I need to know where these vice-president canidits stand. But with Palin, I just don't think she has it to run the country if anything happend with the president.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you in regards to the photo. We were headed west (Dan was driving on the way to IM) and I kept looking over my shoulder at the sunrise, clouds and freighter and wishing there was a place we could stop so I could get the shot. FINALLY about 3 minutes later there was a rest area but within that time the clouds had changed dramatically. The shot would have been better if I could have taken it 3 minutes earlier! Oh, well!

    I wasn't able to stay awake for the Presidential debate and I will be surprised if I can make it through this one either....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive