Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

NUTTIN MUCH

Dan and I are gaining on getting ready to get out of here!

We managed to get the camper pulled out only to find we needed to get a drop down hitch (the truck DOES sit pretty high). The first one we bought had a 5” drop and that wasn’t quite enough. We ended up with one with an 8” drop and it works perfectly. Even the wiring works!

We’re waiting till about Monday or Tuesday to actually set up the camper (we just have a pop up) and see what we can fit where. I told Dan THIS trip I was taking a full fledged coffee maker. The one that came with the camper is just a little one and makes one 12 ounce cup of coffee. True, Dan is not normally a coffee drinker so yes, I COULD get by with just that 12 ounces of coffee. But I envision mornings of sitting outside the camper, watching the sun come up and JUST RELAXING and I know I’ll need more than 12 ounces of coffee to make up for exerting that much energy on relaxing! And Dan MAY decide he wants a cup as well.

And not knowing what the weather will be, we’ll need clothing for warmer temps and for colder temps.

AND MY CAMERA JUST ARRIVED!!!! THE UPS MAN JUST BROUGHT THE BOX TO ME!!!! So you’ll excuse me if I cut this short, right? But I do want you to know that any emails that are sent to me between October 18th to November 10th WILL BE DELETED. I get so many emails in just a 24 hour period (true a lot of them are junk) that when I get home I don’t want to have to sort through emails to find the “keepers”. So please hold off on ANY EMAILS until November 10th.

If the sun comes out in the next day or two, maybe I’ll have a chance to use my new camera!

Catch up with ya later!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:51 PM

    We disconnected the tv last spring and life has been a lot more peaceful with our two kids (7 and 13). I am sooo glad I (and they) haven't seen what's on the 'idiot box' as my dad used to say--we do rent from the library and go to the theater, have computer. And, I'll have you know, I have trained my kids to be polite, it is hard, as my son stretches into adolescence, but I pull him back down to our planet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, it is true that we begin to sound like our parents...at least I know I do. But GOOD FOR YOU!!! And hopefully when your kids have kids, they will understand and appreciate your decision.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive