Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, October 17, 2008

LEAVIN' ON A JET PLANE...

Well maybe not a jet plane (for you Peter, Paul and Mary fans), but in a Dodge Ram…and soon!!!! TOMORROW!!!!

I’ve got all the bills paid ahead, the mail is stopped, the answering machine message has been changed to announcement only, the State Police and Luce County Sheriff have all the important information and will be keeping an eye on things (as will our neighbors and one camper we are allowing to stay while we are gone), the heat tapes are plugged in, the camper is packed…you already know my suitcase is packed. A few finishing touches and we’re ready to roll!

The temps in Stearns, Ky are still supposed to be in the 70’s during the day and 40’s at night. Diesel is about $1.00 a gallon cheaper there than here. The stars are in alignment. Life is good.

I’ve solved the problem of having a bunch of email to sort through (especially the JUNK mail). My ISP is closing my Lighthouse.net account tonight and won’t reopen it until I call them on our return. Any emails that come into that account will be returned to the sender as account closed. Maybe I’ll get lucky and that will throw some of those junk/spam places for a loop and I’ll be off their list!

So, for you faithful fans, there is no need for you to check Yarns till after November 10th because I won’t be posting anything till after we return, get our account re-opened and unpack (why is it unpacking seems to take longer and be worse than packing??). If you make any comments on Yarns, those won’t be posted until I return either (unless you do it between now and 3 p.m. today!).

And something I just realized!!! October 19th is our 23rd wedding anniversary and October 27th is my #$th birthday! What better way to celebrate than to be doing something you love to do!

Catch ya on the return!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 35th Birthday!

    Have a great trip...we're on our way UP ourselves. We'll cross paths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. es, THANKS!! And since you have met me it is great to know I still look 35! HA! You are just a sweetie!

    Have a safe trip and give the dogs a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive